Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Summer mountain biking trip-help!
  • tyredbiker
    Free Member

I am desperate to go on another alps trip this summer but bit stuck as I start my new job on the 23rd June and have training for 6 weeks. When I start is non-negotiable but I was hoping to go on a trip before that that was lift-assisted. I’ve been on both a lift-assisted and non-lift assisted alps holiday and the difference in how much more riding I got done on the former was unreal plus I’m planning on going with someone that will hate the idea of going up. Any ideas? Porte du soleil always open the last weekend of June so it would be too late, is there anywhere else that you would recommend that opens earlier? Or do I sit it out and go at the end of August (at which point I guess some of the trails will be pretty awful)?
    Any advice appreciated!

flap_jack
    Free Member

Chamonix has a couple of lifts open early June but they are hellishly expensive. More non-assisted riding available there too if you don’t mind some technical climbing.
    Can be quite a bit of snow at 2000m at that time of year.

ianv
    Free Member

2alpes was open this year from the 16th June. Montgenevre, Allos were open weekends from June 1. The area around allow has some great am riding so plenty to do if the lifts are shut.

If you decide to go end of aug, go to Andorra. Weather is generally ace and the lifts are open till 2nd week sept

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Cheers guys! Will research into them both now!

steveh

Morzine and les gets open selected lifts early june so that could be an option. Also what spain? We went out with roost dh recently and had a great time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Summer mountain biking trip-help!’ is closed to new replies.