• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Ewan.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Summer Lift Opening times
  • Ewan
    Free Member

Hi all,

Trying to plan an alps point to point mega trip – trying to find out summer lift opening times as we’re planning for first half of July.

Does anyone have a convenient link or any tips on where to find the info – most of the resorts pages are winter at the moment with no mention of summer. Have occasionally found info on 2017 but most of the time it’s been removed.

Thanks!

Ewan
    Free Member

Bump – anyone?

nickjb
    Free Member

I don’t think there is a single site with everything. Each resort should have info but as you’ve found they can be a bit winter focused. That said, in July everything that will be open should be open. Morzine certainty will be. Only last years times on the website though: https://www.morznet.com/lifts/summer-dates

wallop

Yep, it’ll be all winter info at the moment. Many of the French websites are quite slow in getting information up tbh but it’s a safe bet that the lifts will be open in most of not all resorts from the first Saturday in July through to end of August. There might be the odd change to this – for example in Les Arcs last year they pushed everything back a week so it wasn’t fully open til the 9th (or something like that). Best place to look is on individual resort websites.

Ewan
    Free Member

Ok cool – thought that might be the answer – I’ll keep doing what I’m doing then (finding dates from last year). Might be thinking the 7th – 14th July which is the first saturday of July (as the first day of july is sunday this year)… hence i’m a bit worried.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Obviously weather dependent ie how much snow is still around

Metabief in Jura opens in May usually (check weekend vs week)
    Morzine and Les Gets open in mid(?) June but conencting PdS opens for thr PassPortes event weekend (last w/e of June) check their website
    EDIT: passortes first day is 29th June so all connectingnlifts open from then and Morzine/Les Gets will be open at least 2 weeks before
    Chamonix opens mid June and arguably better before July “bike ban” closes some trails
    Verbier opens in early June or possibly May in fact you can take your bike up now and ride enduro trails to valley
    Swiss railways run all year and most will take bikes eg above Montreux, train upto Zermatt
    You chould check Lenzerheide too as i think they open early (late May ?)

Grump
    Free Member

What Jambalaya said. but also here’s a link to the chamonixbikeblog post with lots of the 2017 north west alps summer lift opening dates, and links to the lift websites: http://www.chamonixbikeblog.com/2017/turning-over/

I put that post up in April last year and you’ll notice most of the areas are just estimated dates, I’ll put another post up this year about the same time and no doubt it’ll be the same however in the mean time you can work from these dates and it won’t change too much. Bear in mind we’re having a normal* winter in the alps this year after a few fairly dry years so there’ll likely be more snow kicking about up high this June.

*normal as in 30 year average normal, not post invention of social media and folk getting surprised at it snowing in the alps in winter normal. #grumpy #bitter #old #man 🙂

Ewan
    Free Member

Awesome thanks!

colp

Leogang/Saalbach/Hinterglemm all open from early June

scruff
    Free Member

Has the verbier lift from the valley / train station been finished? Was closed in the summer.

freeridenick
    Free Member

we did a mega trip same week last summer

3 days in Zermatt
    1 day la thuile
    1 day cervinia
    1 day la grave

all amazing in their own way…

wallop

Scruff – the lift from Le Chable to Verbier was running last July when we were there, if that’s the one you mean?

Grump
    Free Member

@scruff Work’s been finished now and it’s running fine taking skiers up to Verbier, it’ll be open for biking this summer (and was this winter before it got too snowy, and thanks to the more bike friendly attitude, next spring too once the snow melts below Verbier village for laps down to Le Chable after 11am)
    Of slight complication for folks wanting to do Chamonix and Verbier in the same trip is a big landslide near the Col du Forclaz last week now looks like it’ll take until 5th March to clear, which would hint at ongoing closures as they stabilise the whole hill. Probably won’t be an issue, but one to keep an eye on.

Ewan
    Free Member

Anyone know the likely dates for Valmorel?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Summer Lift Opening times’ is closed to new replies.