Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Summer in verbier
  • cobrakai

Me, wifey and 15month old daughter are heading to Verbier for a week in July (free use of an apartment!). We’ll have a hire car so can travel around. Looking for any advice at all but more specifically;

MTB hire and route options

Things to do as a family.

beanum

On the autoroute back to Geneva there is a big waterpark. I can’t find a link. There is another one in Le Bouveret on the shore of Lac Leman. There are also paddle steamers on the lake. Google “CGN” for details.

Zermatt or Chamonix are both pretty close, amazing scenery but maybe not for small kids. In Chamonix there is an adventure park near the Montenvers train with a small chairlift to a luge track….

If it’s raining apparently the salt mines at Bex are worth a visit…

jambalaya
    Free Member

A few hire places, one on the main street on the left – will google it

Have a look at bikepark website for maps inc enduro and download kml as following can be tricky (mostly shared footpaths and not necessarily sign posted. Download swiss mobility app (free access to os type maps).’Red enduro 7 good, bikepark tough start with blue and highest two reds. Red Wouay good – roll in spicey

Family stuff – pool (check prices), bouncy trampolines in town, cinema (though generally not family films), walking with lunch and ice creams, picnics

My favourite places

Fer au cheval (bar restaurant) in town
    Carrefour restaurant overlooking the town
    Chez Danny nice restaurant
    Al Capones – pizza place with terrace

Eating in much cheaper of course

I will probably be there mid July – what dates ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Chamonix is an hour (dramatic scenery but dark in valley relative tonsunny Verbier)
    Zermatt is 3 as you have to park and get the train
    Drive up Val Ferret is quite scenic (simple buvette at the end)
    We drove up above Buson to an Alpage and got to see cheese’s ripening

cobrakai

Thanks everyone! 5th until the 12th. A friend that lives in Geneva is coming up to stay the weekend with his bike as well.

mrmo
    Free Member

there is an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, outdoor seems to depend on whether. I don’t have the complication of young children, but tend to spend a day on the cable cars, top of mountain, next valley, easy way of seeing the area.

tor5
    Free Member

Bike Verbier are fantastic folks but more about the full week trips (and they’re excellent BTW) they might be able to sort you out with contacts for hire and day guiding if you ask nicely.

Alternatively, Matt was guiding for them a few seasons ago and now does day guiding stuff on his own: https://alpineroots-mtb.com

nicks
    Free Member

+1 for the guys at Bike Verbier .

PJ266
    Free Member

+1 for Matt at Alpine Roots, we contacted him very late and he made the best of a shit day (weather wise) with a group of stupid lads of varying abilities, top bloke.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Bike Verbier are very well regarded, however really setup for full week
    Alpine Roots ditto but exoensive if not sharing

Friend the bikepark – they do enduro weekends link

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Summer in verbier’ is closed to new replies.