Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Summer festivals with three kids…
  • grtdkad

Looking for advice / experience of the summer festival scene. The missus and I did Glasto many years ago and would love to share the experience with the kids but in a tamer environment for now (Ages 13, 9 and 5).

We've just spotted an advert for CAMP BESTIVAL in Dorset which looks ideal – good line up, freestyle sports, stuff for the younger ones etc…

Has anybody been before – how does it rate?

Thanks!

I went to the "Big Chill" a couple of years back. They have a "family camping" area which was really cool. Everyone was respectful etc. Lots of on site stuff for all.

surfer
    Free Member

I've been to Camp Bestival the last 2 years, 4 dads and around 8-10 kids ranging from 8 – 12. Very kid focused but with lots for the dads as well.

When I mentioned giving it a miss this year there was mayhem! The kids start talking about next year before we have gotten out of the car park!
    Cant recommend it enough.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    yossarian
    Free Member

look no further than this:

http://www.beautifuldays.org/

Forge_Master
    Free Member

+1 for beautifuldays.

Took my kids there in 2006 and had a great time.

Think Glastonbury years gone by but much smaller.

Dylan08
    Free Member

There is only ONE festival to do with kids in tow !! 'Shambala Festival' – been going for years and its super safe / entertaining for kids!

check out their website – fancy dress day rocks!

Lionheart
    Free Member

clearly a lurker here, but back up yossarian for Beautifuldays as a great family one

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Summersundae is great and family friendly.

Also hear that Latitude in Suffolk is also really good but not been.

GW
    Free Member

if the weather's kind to you it will be ace!! been to a few festivals down your way (with kids)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Latitude is also excellent for kids. Running hot water and showers in the family camping area.

grtdkad

Great stuff, thanks!
    Loads of choice, but must say the line up at Bestival looks like it will suit the family well – Madness, Human League and Calvin Harris…plus Mr Tumble and The English National Ballet (not together I hope)!
    😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

Two festivals I have attended which seem kid friendly are:

End Of The Road

Green Man

Oh, and Bangface, obviously.

sc-xc

Ringo
    Free Member

glastonbury is very child friendly. We have been every year with the kids they are 15, 3 ,4

my two youngest last year
    my uncle also takes his two lads. We used to go there and get shit faced but now we have a real laugh with the kids its funny how much things change over the years

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Summer festivals with three kids…’ is closed to new replies.