Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Summer camping trip – Solway Firth/Dalbeattie area
  • Wharfedale
    Free Member

Never been to the area before looking for a campsite near a beach, pub etc.

Its going to be a family trip with another couple of families so mountain biking will be limited. It would be good to have other non biking activities around for kids etc.

Your recommendations please. (Campsite needs to be dog friendly, fire friendly would be good too but I guess if we’re close to a beach…)

Ta

Simon

Sandyhills campsite.
    Never camped here, but we’ve stayed self-catering nearby and walked through the site. It’s right by the beach, which is fantastic.
    Also if you do get chance for some riding Dalbeattie forest is 10 mins away by bike.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

+1 SandyHills, so good i nearly bought a static there.

spooky_b329

http://www.solwayviewholidays.com/

Quiet secluded site
    Fire pits on each pitch
    Views
    Walks and stuff around farmland
    Woods and beach not too far
    Pubs and local town are a drive away.

Not sure if they take non ccc members, if you join, my membership number is 586661 and ill take the voucher for referring a friend. 😉

Trekster
    druidh
    Free Member

I’ve stayed at Sandyhills too and would gladly go back.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Rockcliffe and kipford are great location for a break. We’ve stayed as a group at kipford holiday park, site is directly opposite a trail into Dalbeatie red route. The site itself is mostly static vans with a few tourers and a few pitches for tents, all the pitches are landscaped rather than just being in a field, so you feel like you’ve a bit of your own space. Showers are old but clean and free, shop has reasonable selection of usual provisions. It’s a ten minute walk into kipford where there are two good pubs and picturesque views of the estuary. It’s about 40 mins drive to kirroughtree. Booking is requires tbh as it gets busy!

drew

I stayed at the sandyhills site for a couple of nights and would recommend it. Not stayed at the Kippford site but being in close proximity to the anchor hotel would be a plus.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Summer camping trip – Solway Firth/Dalbeattie area’ is closed to new replies.