Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Summer’s here… what mud tyres?
  • Harry_the_Spider

The singlespeed is fitted with tyres that are balder than me. OK for dry conditions but in the mud it handles like this.

So, the options are :-

1) Never ride it again unless I move to Southern Spain.

2) Mud tyres.

So what’s hot in the world of mud tyres at the moment and who has got the best deals?

I’m running 2.3” Blue Grooves on the all year round Winter Bike.

johnnystorm

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/geax-gato-mtb-tyre/

I’ve got these on my SS. Have worked well on forest trails ranging from moist to mud-bath. They were £9 when I bought them so I wasn’t expecting much but they’ve been really good.

vorlich
    Free Member

F: Swampthing ST
    R Mud-X

Worked well for me in winter.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AndrewJ
    Free Member

Do you need a mud tyre? I mean unless you are riding in constant muddy trails (and I mean thick mud not wet fire roads that spray a bit of mud your way) then mud tyres aren’t really the way to go. I would go for something general purpose.

househusband
    Free Member

I mean unless you are riding in constant muddy trails (and I mean thick mud not wet fire roads that spray a bit of mud your way) then mud tyres aren’t really the way to go.

For those of us whose local trails aren’t the ‘wet fire road’ variety of mud, then perhaps look at the Geax Datura that On-One are doing very cheaply at the moment!

proutster
    Free Member

F: Swampthing ST
    R Mud-X

Worked well for me in winter.

Worked well for me last Sunday out around Hayfield 😀

willej

For those of us whose local trails aren’t the ‘wet fire road’ variety of mud, then perhaps look at the Geax Datura that On-One are doing very cheaply at the moment!

Just received a pair of those, within 24 hours, total bargain. Bear in mind they’re no svelte XC tyre though, at about 900g each, but they’re really well made. Looking forward to trying them out in the mud!

t-p26
    Free Member

Been running an IGNITOR on the front for a while with a worn High roller at the other end. Put a SWAMP THING back on the other day…

beardie
    Free Member

“wet fire roads” ha ha ha ! fitted some mud x’s the other day, light grippy and roll along pretty quick

forge197
    Free Member

Been using wet scream’s on the wet days in the alps been awesome.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Summer’s here… what mud tyres?’ is closed to new replies.