• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by bol.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Suits for tall people
  • jeffl

Right need a new suit as I’ve lost some weight. Reasonably tall at 6’5″ with a 42″ chest. Thinking of trying TM Lewin as I have some of their shirts that seem OK. Looking to spend up to £300. Any other suggestions?

lunge

I’m a very similar build to you and have found suits not too bad to buy at all. The key I’ve found is to use places that will do alterations for little or no cost. I’ve used the following:

Slaters – There is some crap but there are also some bargains. Plus they do free alterations so you can easily get an extra inch or 2 in the leg.
    House of Fraser – Lots of very nice suits and they will do alterations for £8. Well worth it for
    Charles Thyritt – Similar to Lewin’s, nice suits and alterations included.

biglee1
    willard

I am pretty much the same build as you and went to Charles Thywitt. Then do tailoring and offer a silly long leg for trousers.

I think M&S do a longer leg (35″ maybe), but getting things tailored is always nice.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

6’5″ and have to get a 44L (normally have an issue with sleeve length)

got one on sale from Duchamps

House of Fraser as well have a good range.

BillMC

I got a suit from Lewin but sent it back. It was badly finished and didn’t ‘sit’ well. Got one from Austin Reed instead.

maccruiskeen

Just bought a nice suit from Ted Baker’s lankytwats range.

jeffl

Ta all. Of to Meadowhall some point this week to try various suits on. I can feel my soul being destroyed already.

ton

Slaters and Moss Bros both do long and large.

34” leg 40” waist 54” chest

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

34″ leg isn’t really very long. I need at leat 35, really 36″. On a 32″ waist.

maccruiskeen

34″ leg isn’t really very long. I need at leat 35, really 36″. On a 32″ waist.

what you need is more pies 🙂

jimdubleyou

http://www.asuitthatfits.com/shop/index.php?option=com_local_style_advisor&Itemid=332

You will be able to get a low-end suit for £300 but it will fit, and if it doesn’t first go, they will keep changing it for nothing until it does.

biglee1

34″ leg? I wish I was short enough for a 34″ leg 🙁

bol

At 6’4″ I find TM Lewin easy. Silly long trousers you can adjust. Reasonable arm length. I use them because they’re local, cheap and reasonable quality.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Suits for tall people’ is closed to new replies.