Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Suitable mudguard for manitou minute expert forks
  • swainy90
    Free Member

Got these forks on an old hardtail I’m using over the winter. I had a spare enduroguard which tried to butcher but was no good really just wondered what mudguard is best suited to these forks. Link of forks I have https://m.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Forks,33/Manitou/Minute-Expert-Fork,4795#product-specs

ajantom

I’ve got some old Manitou Minutes on one bike and the only guard I found that would fit was an old Neoguard…..

….of course you can make your own with an old inner tube and zip ties.

swainy90
    Free Member

Will that work on the reverse arch forks may be wrong but can only picture the mud still flying up at the front????

steel4real
    Free Member

Muckynutz make one specific to reverse arch forks….here

and they also state this ‘Please note: You can also fit our Face Fender XL backwards to suit reverse forks!’

swainy90
    Free Member

Thank you steal4real. Would you recommend zip ties Velcro or does it not greatly matter. I have read that the xl fits backwards but needs trimming to suit so would rather one that fits really and that looks ace thanks

steel4real
    Free Member

Personally – I use velcro, but for ease of removal when servicing the fork. Disadvantage is that the mudguard can move a little and rub the fork paint unless there is some form of helitape or similar for protection.

Cable ties can be really well tightened so there is no movement.

swainy90
    Free Member

Cheers steal I’ll purchase one of the rear designed one think will go cable ties. Thanks for the help pal

medoramas
    Free Member

Mudhugger, Stanley knife and a strip of black tape: cut the new slots so they sit under the fork’s arch, cover the old ones with the tape and there you go!
    [/url][/img]

poah
    Free Member

Mudhugger with Stanley knife on my mattoc too.

daver27
    Free Member

another mudhugger here. took all of 5 mins to modify and fit and its perfect.

swainy90
    Free Member

Mudhugger look like they fit ace. Anyone on here got the muckynutz reverse arch specific mudguard. If so any photos?

mudmonster
    Free Member

Mudhugger FR here, drilled 4 extra holes and it’s perfect

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Suitable mudguard for manitou minute expert forks’ is closed to new replies.