Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Suit for a funeral
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

My little-used charcoal suit has marks on it, I can take an OK M&S mid-grey one or my favourite Jaeger (blue, really well tailored)…latter might look a bit daft with the black tie.

Any thoughts?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mid grey with black tie I reckons.

HermanShake
    Free Member

depends on how formal it’s going to be. Charcoal is the logical choice.

Coyote
    Free Member

Charcoal logical but if tatty then mid grey.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Charcoal unwearable – got big white marks on it WTF, I was expecting some moth holes, seems my moths are vandals 😡

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

seems my moths are vandals

They sound like a bunch of w4nkers to me 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

I tend to wear whatever my favourite suit is at the time. Given I only wear charcoal or navy, I tend not to worry.

Naturally, I never wear black suits. Strictly for the SS and for court appearances….

mcboo
    Free Member

Whats wrong with blue? Wear your best suit for a funeral.

Markie
    Free Member

Wear your best suit for a funeral.

+1, with some exceptions if your taste in suits is outlandish! Blue and well cut sounds fine.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Navy blue suit, good white shirt and black tie works well IMO.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Depends on the blue, presumably it is a dark navy blue? If so then that with a white shirt and black tie will be fine.
    Black shoes please, not brown.
    Charcoal is the obvious choice but if it is knackered and the marks can’t be dry cleaned out then blue will be fine.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, dark blue would be fine. However, as above, white shirt/black tie is the only option.

nickf
    Free Member

Strictly for the SS

I’d add that although I don’t believe there’s a need to wear a suit when riding a monogeared bike, it does add a certain sense of occasion.

Oh, and no need for a black tie at a funeral. Sombre is fine, black is OTT; only really works with a black suit.

Last funeral I attended I wore a dark blue suit, pale yellow shirt and a pink tie. My aunt (whose funeral it was) always loved bright ties, so it seemed appropriate.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

As look as its not neon anything tastful will be fine, no one will pay any attention

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers chaps – Blue is dark, not navy though, may be a bit tight ATM 😳

Leaving at 2pm so no time to dry clean…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Suit fits fine, Black and blue it is, goes perfectly with my new James Bond watch 😎

bikebouy
    Free Member

Navy Suit, White Shirt, Dark Navy Tie is more than acceptable.

Stuey01
    Free Member

black is OTT

On what planet is a black tie OTT? It is the accepted norm. And it works fine with blue and grey suits too.

Colourful may be appropriate depending on the individual – my most recent funeral was a colouful affair too (navy blue suit, pink shirt, pale blue tie), but it was requested that people add a splash of colour and it was appropriate to the person and the gathering. Otherwise dark suit with a white shirt and black tie is definately the safe option, and a funeral is not the place to be taking sartorial risks.

derekrides
    Free Member

Agree with Stuey, who’s funeral is it and what is your level of respect/love for that individual and what would they have worried about what you looked like in life..

I religiously suit up for Funerals, even my mothers not that long ago, but I remember thinking then why, she wouldn’t have worried, I never suited up especially for her in real life, so why do we do it, more for the rest of the folk at the funeral i guess and respect for the occasion.

Blue and Black doesn’t work, only on a bruise, go with the Charcoal.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Suit for a funeral’ is closed to new replies.