Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • suit dry cleaning-how often
  • andy4d

As per title, how often does a suit need dry cleaned. Mine never get heavy use so its more for hygiene reasons than dirt reasons I get them cleaned. They could go for weeks but I dont reckon they should, so I tend to get them done every couple of weeks, is that mingin? what do others do, weeks or months……

LeeW

Trousers, weekly. Never dry clean your suit jacket, it will get ruined. My tailor reckons just spray it with febreeze and hang it outside for a while. Most suits have the lining bonded which can crumple in the heat of cleaning.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Occasional use only so when I think it needs it or I can stomach shelling out £14 odd.
    I’ve never dry cleaned my wedding suit but then I’ve only worn it 2x in 19 yrs. As soon as slightly baggy demob style Armani comes back into fashion I’ll be saving up £14.

andy4d

I was told you should always get trousers an jacket cleaned together to avoid differences in fading over time. Not sure if its true or just trying to get more money out ofme in the dry cleaners.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

1 jacket and 2 trousers once a month, overcoat every couple of months as it never looks dirty but comes back looking much better so i worry it must be grubby!, Try and get changed as soon as im home, take jacket off for lunch etc to avoid having to get it done more often.

Depend how often you wear it, i go through phases of wearing suits, usualy if im fit/healthy then suit, feeling a bit fat then i slum it in short and trousers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘suit dry cleaning-how often’ is closed to new replies.