Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Suit advice…
  • tootallpaul

Hello all.

Where is a good place to get a good value suit?

Is Marks and Spencer still a good option? It’s been an age since I’ve bought a suit!

Just needed for interviews/meetings- won’t be used for day to day work.

Not got a lot of cash- been volunteering in Ethiopia for 18 months.

P
    :o)

epicsteve
    Free Member

M&S suits are fine.

gusamc
    Free Member

do you really need a suit ?, the adivice I got is to mirror the office dress code

smart trousers, shirt, tie and a casual jacket as you won’t be wearing the jacket a lot.

alpin
    Free Member

i read the title as “slut advice”.

was somewhat disappointed.

nicko74

Strangely, so did I, for about half a second.
    M&S is fine; Zara is also good and Moss Bros may be worth a look. A couple of hundred quid should get you something perfectly presentable.

yunki
    Free Member

asda

juanking

Paul Smith still have a few crackers left half price for around the 300 mark, I’ve just taken collection of a Byard and an Abbey Road, very nice they are too!

Jerome
    Free Member

T M Levin have a sale on.
    Was impressed when I popped in there ( had 30 mins to burn )

anonymouse
    Free Member

Lewins always have a sale on.

TooTall
    Free Member

How tall / wide are you? OTP can be difficult if you are outside norms.

Wear a shirt you’d wear with the suit to try it on.
    Same with shoes.
    Take someone with you to check how you look.
    Make sure it is wide enough across the shoulders.
    Make sure the sleeves are the right length (wristbone with the arm at rest).
    Make sure the trousers are not too long (a kink in the front crease is OK, crumples is not) or too short (you know the score there).

theotherjonv

Austin Reed also have a sale on, can get a £500 suit for not much more than a decent M&S one – worth a look.

Harry_the_Spider

[TANNOY] JOCK WAN TO THE FORUM PLEASE, JOCK WAN TO THE FORUM. CUSTOMER WAITING. [TANNOY]

steveoath
    Free Member

My brother swears by Tesco.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Moss bros fall to peices fairly quickly. M&S outlet, Gieves and Hawkes outlet or Paul Smith outlet are where you want to be in the 150-300 range. If you fancy something a little more stylish Jaeger suits have a modern design but still high quality. Don’t bother with Tm Lewin, Charles Tyhwitt, Hawes Curtis etc etc, M&S offer much better for the same money!
    Alternatively try ebay.

samuri
    Free Member

asda or ebay if you’re short of cash. Also, try charity shops. I got this get up for 6 quid. I think you’ll agree I look rather natty.

dapper by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

ho ho. Joking aside, the suit fit me pretty well and before I cut the legs off looks really good. Just a thought.

One word of warning though. The previous owner died in this suit or something becaue once I started sweating in it, there ws a very strong smell of wee… and poo.

tootallpaul

Nice pic Samuri- was that on the Tweed run?

Cheers for all the help.

I have a really limited amount of time (more or less one free day) from when I return to the UK to when I need to head off for the interview, so I think a visit to M&S will be on the cards.

Paul
    (Now in Addis, only 3 days left in Ethiopia!)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Suit advice…’ is closed to new replies.