Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Suisse Normande routes
  • drbob65
    Free Member

Hi

Anyone one know where I can get more details on Mountain biking in the Suisse Normande, are there any trail guides?

ton

stratobiker off here is your man for that area. don’t have a contact for him tho..sorry.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I posted a ink up to the map last week (vtt france website has a couple scanned in). You can get the maps from the tourist offices, its annoying that they don’t put then up online as pdf’s

area map

more detail for one ride

I have done a tour of the area by car and there are some nice old Chateau, pretty river scenes and a impressive rocky peak with river below and some nice views. I would say it’s standard xc riding, can be quite a bit of climbing and the bike routes are graded according to distance/climbing not technical difficulty.

drbob65
    Free Member

Cool, I’ll have a look, I know the Domfront area as stay at a cottage every year which is about 20km away, passed through the area a few times and it looks impressive but never ridden it. The group I ride with is of a reasonable fitness level, technical skills are average, but it looks rideable at our standards

jambalaya
    Free Member

@drb0b65 – from what I’ve seen it’s all xc rides so your group will be perfect. The routes do seem to be marked with small vtt signs but do take a map and report back on what you find as I’ve only looked at the maps, walked up/down a few short sections and driven round the area (which is a lot of fun on the small hill/country roads).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Suisse Normande routes’ is closed to new replies.