Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Suisse Normande
  • wheelie

Hi
    I’m currently staying a few kilometres from Clecy. Unfortunately the maps are not that clear from the tourist information. Does any one either have or know where to download files for gps. Thanks for looking!

wheelie

Bump for day crew

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Opencyclemaps may be a good start?
    There look to be a few routes marked around Clecy.

wheelie

Thanks Thetallpaul i will have a look at that tonight. Openmtbmaps have so many tracks missing it is difficult to route on basecamp!

johnnystorm

I’m near Pont d’ouilly/Falaise at the moment. The tourist info map book is a bit vague but I found my way with them combined with openstreet maps (not with a gpx) on my Garmin.

Other good thing with the openstreetmaps.nl maps is that (at least around here) a number of mtb loops are marked with blue dashes, these are loops not covered by the official route book but have official sign posting.

Have had the trails to myself today, hardly seen a soul.

jambalaya
    Free Member

See this post from me for the VTT map which you should be able to pick up for a local tourist office. These routes are quite well marked. The whole thread is worth reading IMO

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mtbking-in-rural-france-will-i-die#post-7089521

johnnystorm

That’s the map set I’ve been using. 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

@johny – please share some thoughts on the various trails and if you can take a photo or two of the maps and email them to me I’d appreciate it. As I said in-laws have holiday homes there and I’m keen to take a bike next time, we drove the Suisse-Normand loop before and I spent a lot of the drive looking for VTT signs 😉

wheelie

Hi all, thanks all for replies. There is great xc riding with an essence of gnar! Lovely countryside and rivers. Very quiet and unspoilt. Madame le wheelie would like the blue “facile” routes to be easier
    VTT routes great, but some of signs missing or not clear however in conjunction with the old faithful etrex 20 we find our way!

johnnystorm

I’ve just plotted Route 11 (Tres Dificile!) using bikehike.co.uk
    It did require toggling between all three map options to find the trails though… 😆

I’ve really enjoyed the riding here, the place is deserted!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Suisse Normande’ is closed to new replies.