Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Suing s***r c*****ents for consequential loss?
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

How long do I have to have been here before I join the “spot the silly” club?

Regardless, Silver, one time I asked this lot for skidding-round-corners-techniques. It didn’t end well.

That was a long, long time ago. This thread is indicative of what happens when the silly-escapes.

Try again?

bruneep

nope just some person that wanted some advise, you clearly not very grown up

Here’s some advice. Its advice not advise. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

silver1999:
    nope just some person that wanted some advise, you clearly not very grown up.

I clearly not.

Cougar

I though this was a serious forum,

You really are new here. (-:

Thing is,

You came here soliciting advice. You were given advice which was along the lines of “you don’t have a very good case because there are too many variables to convince a court.”

Now, you might not like that advice, which is your call, and fair enough. But if you choose to react like a petulant child who’s just been told they can’t have a Chup-a-chup then you’re going to get a ribbing for it. And not to beat about the bush, you’re in the wrong place to be boasting about your l33t riding skills, extensive mechanical experience and all round perfect uberness.

This is a great forum with a virtually unparalleled pool of collective knowledge. You just need to bring a sense of humour and leave your epeen at home when taking part.

Oh, btw, threatening to leave (twice on the same thread) and not actually leaving makes you look silly. You might want to think about not doing that if you want to be taken seriously.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

silver1999 – Member

Mods pleas delete my account, I though this was a serious forum, it seems to be populated with 13 year old boys.

Posted 12 minutes ago #Report-Post

most people would find somewhere else on the internet to play, you just keep coming back for more 😀

I’m still waiting for TJ’s research to back up his statements 😉

retro83
    Free Member

I had it happen on some OE Avid pads, also I’ve heard of it happening on cars so it’s not unheard of.

in other words

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Guys, apparently this is a hot riding chick and not a silly troll! We should all be being nice and that.

*smooths eyebrows with spit

Cougar

That’s not spit.

Pook

donsimon
    Free Member

To the OP, isn’t it more usual for one to introduce oneself into a conversation rather than announcing themselves in such a dramatic and foolish way? Come in, get a feel for the place, sound out a few ideas and undestand how the whole thing works, do a bit of research on favourite or dislike products, build a bit of rapport.
    Charging in with a rant about crap riding and trying to blame, and then sue, the whole world for not agreeing with you isn’t going to endear you to anyone.
    You’ve got plenty of time to learn these things. About six weeks before school starts, no?

stumpy01

The Superstar pad thing must have been well over 2 years ago. For what it’s worth, I’ve had perhaps 16 sets of pads off SS (always buy them in pairs) and none of them have failed. It could well have been more than that to be honest…
    Anyhoo – none of them have failed – in the mud/sand at Thetford, the hills of Wales, Peaks & Scotland, on the road, during hard weeks of riding in Spain with Ciclo Montana…..
    The only brake failure I’ve had was when i forgot to put the split pin into a pair of Julie pads. The pads fell out mid ride. I still had plenty of braking though and only stopped to see what was going on as the brake had all of a sudden got really noisy. That was the point I was making really; I still had functioning brakes; obviously not as good as with the pad there, but they did still work.

Oh and as above, you should be done with braking before you get to the corner.

druidh
    Free Member

Cougar

That’s a point.

silver1999 – Member

it seems to be populated with 13 year old boys.

1999 + 13 = 2012.

COINCIDENCE ❓ ❗ 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh hello, Bob!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

As per the sticky thread, TO MUMSNET WE GO!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That’s not spit.

I just spaffed my tea all over the keyboard, thanks 🙁

Cougar

You’re just euphemism central tonight aren’t you, TSY?

Jamie
    Free Member

Tea? You want to have a man’s drink, like a mocha frappuccino.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

BOB…(in inimitable accent)
    That’s a funny name for a girl.

Dances to “Greensleeves”.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Strictly Jamie it’s juice. I can’t caffeine this late at night.

RustySpanner

Obviously an existing STW’er judging by the use of ‘TJ’.

Who do you reckon?

druidh
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    It’s all got a bit boring on here of late, ain’t it?

cheez0
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences, but im sure im missing something good..

forum noobie in ‘used unrecommended pads (i.e, cheap and cheerful) in brakes and complains when they dont perform as expected’ shocker.

1/10 rant-a-thon

Pook

Oi aynt gorra clue. whodyathink it cudda bin gor blimey guvnor?

RustySpanner

🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

druidh – you think this is me?

Read Don’s comment just before mine on that thread for a bit of context.

druidh
    Free Member

Smoke – fire etc….

bruneep

forum noobie big hitter* in ‘used unrecommended pads (i.e, cheap and cheerful) in brakes and complains when they dont perform as expected’ shocker

*apparently

donsimon
    Free Member

Read Don’s comment just before mine on that thread for a bit of context.

Wasn’t me!! WTF am I being accused of now?? 👿

Jamie
    Free Member

If we are pointing the finger, then I think it’s TSY. Just don’t trust that shifty character.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

LOL – this isn’t my style at all. Far too obvious. I’d be interested to see all the 2nd log-ins that people have had though… mods how about a sticky?

druidh
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    If we are pointing the finger, then I think it’s TSY. Just don’t trust that shifty character.

Excellent. can we go straight to the vote now?

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Suing s***r c*****ents for consequential loss?’ is closed to new replies.