Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • Suing s***r c*****ents for consequential loss?
  • big_n_daft
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Nothing like the number of superstar pads that have failed.

can i see the detailed research and statistical study that leads you to this conclusion

BrickMan

I’ve had several of the old superstar pads fail, and they’ve always replaced them with new. ONly once did both pads fall off in the same ride but still had some brakes (after all the material is metal).

Newer pads are all OK, been riding various pads/various bikes for 18months or so and not one failure, I would call that progress no?

Although if I was going someplace desolate I’d be fitting genuine OE pads, 3x the price, but if it buys me piece of mind for a critical safety componant, then fair enough.

Also, anyone remember years ago before disk brakes were invented? When we just had those blocks of soft gooey dirty rubber jammed against mud, jammed against grit, jammed against quickly eroding aluminium?

They would frequently fail, on every single corner/braking point after a muddy puddle/wet grass/weather not quite ideal/that time of the month, so you’d always tap the brakes just a second before you actually needed them to assure they would actually work before you wrapped yourself around that tree. Not rememeber those days?

tazzymtb

can i see the detailed research and statistical study that leads you to this conclusion

TJ has spoken, he needs no other evidence in his world of sweeping generalisations. 😆

AlasdairMc

I had a pair of brake pads fail on a DH track. I didn’t fall off – does that mean I can’t sue anyone?

druidh
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    It’s all got a bit boring on here of late, ain’t it?

[quote]bikebouy – Member
    Me know of nothing you speak… But it does seen a little dull of late.

Bring elfin back.[/quote]
    ** strokes chin **

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX3iLfcMDCw[/video]

theotherjonv

I’m suing the bloke that posted the video clip of the baby in the bar. There’s half a can of diet pop in my keyboard now, and someone’s paying for it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

That was Jamie. You can’t sue Jamie because he’s a spambot, or something. That’s what he said once anyway, when I asked how he was always first to reply on every thread. Unless TJ says you can in which case you can, it’s the law.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I take it silver was born in 1999?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

– 10 points for poor technique through overuse of rear brake
    minus another 10 for not keeping the thread going

seavers
    Free Member

@ Jamie/Kitty city….I think I had a trip like that once….didn’t end well.

DezB
    Free Member

Way are we giving this idiot our attention?
    the batch of brake pads with this issue pased through about 2 years ago. who else has reported it since?

Also when the pads fail, you still have metal on metal so brakes still work.

This kind of thread turns up every now and again, can’t really understand what the point is.

captain-slow
    Free Member

don’t pretend to know the technical details of the superstar pads, but I thought I understood it was a rogue batch a couple of years ago?

I have certainly used their pads before and since and will continue to do so, but I am pretty careful about checking condition of stuff before i throw myself over the saddle

TJ and others are entitled to take their custom elsewhere, but please don’t make out that those of us who continue to use s/star are idiots

Jamie
    Free Member

This kind of thread turns up every now and again, can’t really understand what the point is.

It’s so we can all gather round the fire, and reminisce about times gone by.

DezB
    Free Member

Can you play Michael Row the Boat Ashore?

donsimon
    Free Member

but please don’t make out that those of us who continue to use s/star are idiots

I’m perfectly content that TJ and that ilk think I’m an idiot.

Jamie
    Free Member

Can you play Michael Row the Boat Ashore?

Sure can!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQIwK3n_I0[/video]

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Wowee, I’ve never seen anyone introduce themselves & storm off in one go on here before.

I’ve bin’ flamed before but..who gets that upset? Diddumms.

NEXT!

silver1999
    Free Member

nope im a grown up, most of the people on hear clearly are not, since when did complaining about a shitty product count as trolling.. god knows.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve bin’ flamed before but..who gets that upset? Diddumms.

Surf Mat.

Jamie
    Free Member

nope im a grown up, most of the people on hear clearly are not, since when did complaining about a shitty product count as trolling.. god knows.

You’re right, my child. God does indeed know.

/hallelujah

dan1980
    Free Member

since when did complaining about a shitty product count as trolling

Complaining doesn’t count as trolling. Asking who you can sue because you can’t take responsibility for yourself arguably is. It certainly sums up the pathetic blame culture in which we live these days.

You had a front brake, so you crashed because you didn’t have the skills to ride at the speed you were, and control the situation when you discovered your rear brake had failed.

With the best QA in the world, stuff fails, shimano pads fail, hope pads fail, formula pads fail. People should man up and get on with it when they do Riding a bike is a potentially dangerous activity, if you can’t accept that, then perhaps going back under the bridge from whence you came is the best policy.

theotherjonv

Complaining about a ‘shitty product’ is acceptable when done in a constructive manner, creating an account to start an argument about something that has been done to death hundreds of times and then getting offended when being called on it looks very like trolling.

If it isn’t trolling, then the smart thing to do would be to drop back now, if you continue then it’ll only persist the impression that it’s arguing for arguments sake.

If you’re that convinced by your position then sue them. let us know how it turns out. Put your money where your mouth is, otherwise shut up now.

thegreatape
    Free Member

With the best QA in the world, stuff fails, shimano pads fail, hope pads fail, formula pads fail.

And sometimes threads fail.

theotherjonv

any decent rider knows you don’t brake in corners. You brake in advance of corners. If you couldn’t make a corner because your rear brake failed it shows poor braking technique and poor riding technique.

If the front had failed in the run up to a corner I could maybe accept it more.

colournoise

theotherjonv – Member
    any decent rider knows you don’t brake in corners. You brake in advance of corners. If you couldn’t make a corner because your rear brake failed it shows poor braking technique and poor riding technique.

This.

Would you sue your frame manufacturer if it cracked mid ride?
    Would you sue your tyre manufacturer if a sidewall failed while riding along?
    etc.

slainte 😐 rob

simmy
    Free Member

I went too fast into a corner a while ago and saw a Car coming towards me and instinctivly slammed the back brake on and fell off.

If i’d been going slower, I would have not fallen off so brakes that work in corners are as dangerous as brakes that dont work.

Lose the speed before the corner…..

cfinnimore
    Free Member

WHAT’S SURF MAT?

druidh
    Free Member

AWESOME!!

(Can we keep him?)

smogmonster

Oh man, is it Christmas? This is too much fun.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

LOL!

donsimon
    Free Member

some people on hear are clearly riding gods

And I use the same pads as you, I must be DOUBLE AWESOME!

cfinnimore – Member

WHAT’S SURF MAT?
    This VVVVVV

AWESOME!!

silver1999
    Free Member

Mods pleas delete my account, I though this was a serious forum, it seems to be populated with 13 year old boys.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh man, is it Christmas? This is too much fun.

It just seems like the return of jumpupanddown to me.

shepleg
    Free Member

Has TJ been drinking? this has to be his alter ego. 😈

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s the return/alias of someone.

theotherjonv

edit – can’t be arsed

silver1999
    Free Member

nope just some person that wanted some advise, you clearly not very grown up.

dan1980
    Free Member

Mods pleas delete my account, I though this was a serious forum, it seems to be populated with 13 year old boys.

footflaps

I had a brand new set of Hope pads fall apart – friction compound just fell off the backing plate. Took them back to LBS and they said ‘known problem with Hope’ and just gave me a new set. No one was sued and no flouncing occurred – do I get a medal?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Suing s***r c*****ents for consequential loss?’ is closed to new replies.