Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Suicide the biggest killer.
  • theotherjonv

Thanks stevet and Anthony.

Yes, i’m OK at the moment. Had a few chats recently and a friend’s helping me out as well with work issues that aren’t necessarily the root of it, but don’t help.

The doc’s categorised my problem as ‘catastrophising’ – which is spot on, i have a terrible fear that something bad’s going to happen and I won’t cope. Some might, some might not (eg: post brexit recessions and impact on job security or indeed, as part of the problem is trying to get a new one I’ve already seen a slow down in hiring), some definitely will (both my parents are elderly and of course one day i’ll get THAT call and I don’t know how i’ll manage that). So it helps to know what the problem is, but I can’t get to that position where you accept that some matters are out of your hands and therefore not worth worrying about until they do or don’t occur.

I have lots of good things going on as well – ride with a good group, kids are all healthy and doing well at school and sports, good and loving wife, etc. But there’s always a potential black cloud coming…….

Hence why I’d be ‘happier’ to not be here at all and swap the good stuff to avoid the bad – but I can’t not be here without catastrophically **** up the good stuff too. Hence why the ‘reset’ button analogy is so tempting, but in reality you just have to struggle on.

hora
    Free Member

I’ll add my email into my profile. It’s always there the offer.

edward2000
    Free Member

Mental health is massively misunderstood in society. People who tell you to ‘pull yourself together’ and ‘get over it’; it’s like telling someone with a broken arm to stop their arm being broken. I’ve recently gone through a relatively smaller mental health issue than what’s described above.

I can’t offer too much advise other than you must try and find out what is causing the anguish, like this you can then begin to build a path through the forest of depression and reach the end.

If my experience is anything to go by, it does get better. And if you can, which you will, survive this, then you have he strength to survive anything.

Counselling is a fantastic help and I could not recommend it enough.

South Manchester too if anyone wants to meet and talk. I’m always happy to meet new people, social interaction is what makes people feel human.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stevet1
    Free Member

Thanks for the honest responses, especially yunki. I wish I could offer more than words and the offer of a ride if anyone’s local to Preston.
    Jonv I have sometimes felt similar to what you describe below-

I can’t not be here without catastrophically **** up the good stuff too. Hence why the ‘reset’ button analogy is so tempting, but in reality you just have to struggle on.

and the overwhelming feeling I had is that of being ‘trapped’. I used to imagine a button in my head and try and press it, to no avail. Anyway, life moves on, and there are moments of utmost joy sprinkled here and there, just got to wait for them to come along.

MoreCashThanDash

A lot of us feel that way – trapped, always expecting the worst, failing to see the good things quite often as well.

Support is out there and on here. Just have the courage to seek it out and use it. Please.

cinnamon_girl

In the South today two separate incidents, each involving one man and a train. 🙁

Please look out for each other.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Suicide the biggest killer.’ is closed to new replies.