Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Suggestions for somewhere to ride in southern Spain over Xmas / New Year please.
  • downhilldave

Ferry booked for a road trip to southern Spain over the festive period. Looking for some sun as well. Thinking inland from Almeria/Mojacar area,but open to suggestions. Will the Sierra Nevada be Ok weather wise, thinking snow up high. Who to ride with? Who not to ride with.Routes? Maps/books? Normally use Google earth and just explore by myself but happy to ride with a group or whatever. Thanks in advance.

scotroutes

These guys have been getting some good reviews on here.
    http://www.hikeandbikeholidays.com/

It would at least be worth getting in touch.

I’m currently considering a similar trip early next year (though I’d fly as it’s so cheap).

downhilldave

^^^ Yeh, seen the website, will give em a try . The ferry worked out quite a bit cheaper and no car to hire.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Based on your username, DH with Switchbacks in Malaga? 20C and sunny even on christmas eve!

Having said that I much prefered Bubion and the ‘XC’. While the tracks are ace I missed the views and sense of achievement from an XC ride Vs uplift.

Perhapse Mike should jump on the Enduro bandwaggon and charge more without the uplifts :-p

downhilldave

Well, villa booked in Salobrena, and contacted David @ Biking Andalucia, seems well respected on here. Winter sun,bring it on, and no Calderdale MUD :mrgreen:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for somewhere to ride in southern Spain over Xmas / New Year please.’ is closed to new replies.