Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Suggestions for Road bike Helmet
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Currently using my Fox mtb helmet and getting Some funny looks so after a proper Road Helmet. Budget £60- £80

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

Giro Atmos, silly light, airy and comfy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Go to bike shop. Try on road helmets in your budget. Buy the one that fits best, in a colour you like.

cynic-al
    Free Member

That ^

Another advice is fluff

simondbarnes

What the third and fourth posters said.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Went to Leisure Lakes and nothing stood out. And the ones that did were £120+

TiRed

Lots of choice. Vents, aero, MIPS? I have a Giro shaped head, which means I wear Medium Giro helmets. Have an Air Attack which is aero, odd-looking, fast and amazingly comfortable. I had a Giro prolight until recently that was unbelievably light, and when called upon, smashed when I struck the back of my head on the tarmac in a practice race. I replaced it with an Atmos in black fluro.

The most important part is that my head is giro-shaped, not Kask-shaped. I found Kask helmets to be beautifully made, but dug into the back of my head.

So try a few brands, they do differ. Pick a brand that fits and a price to taste. I rather like the fluro colored helmets, as I think this adds a little visibility during daylight. Spend £60-80 for a nice one.

cynic-al
    Free Member

How fast is that Giro helmet?

6 seconds in an hour at 25mph IIRC?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for Road bike Helmet’ is closed to new replies.