Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Suggestions for recycling a borked sleeping mat?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

After barely one night’s sleep, my new multimat adventure superlite made a popping noise before delaminating quite spectacularly and rolling me off at 5am.

Already refunded but forgot to send it back. Should I send it back, imaginatively repurpose or landfill?

boblo
    Free Member

Turn it over and sleep on the other side.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Dig a small hole before pitching your tent.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Great suggestions (ahem) – sadly the blister is equally distributed on the topside also (underneath pictured)

If if had gone at the top end at least it would have created a pillow…

phiiiiil

Heh… mine did exactly that when I accidentally left it in the roof of the van, right under the skylight, on a sunny day…

They suggested deflating it then blasting the blob with a hairdryer to melt the glue and fix it down again; it sort of worked but came undone again. I can’t remember what happened to it, I think it probably just went in the bin… 🙁

oxym0r0n

Use as a spacer between bikes to stop them scratching?

ElShalimo

Just use it as a thing to lie/kneel on when doing jobs on bike/car etc

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Give it to a homeless person?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Give it to a homeless person?

Yeah they deserve a shit nights sleep …

csb

Other half had one that did this in the tent. She was cOnvinced it was a persistent mole coming up under her, till the b’doing of it popping launched her up into the roof. Still laugh about it.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

They suggested deflating it then blasting the blob with a hairdryer to melt the glue and fix it down again; it sort of worked but came undone again

I’m going to do this, but turn it up to eleven.

persistent mole

😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for recycling a borked sleeping mat?’ is closed to new replies.