Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Suggestions for nice carbon CX/flat bar, under £1k? Planet-X XLS or Saracen Hack
  • Lofty
    Free Member

I’m in the market for an interesting CX or CX style flat bar bike but looking for inspiration what to buy. I really like the look and idea of the Planet X XLS in either (CX or flat bar guise) but I guess there must be other I should be considering? I’d like something with character (no boardmans), robust that can tackle urban / cyclytrack / tow path bike, including big mileage without too much fuss. Is there anything else I should be considering?

I also quite like the Saracen Hack, which is a alloy but otherwise fits the bill?

peatoire
    Free Member

I get my XLS delivered tomorrow all being well, not sure if it helps but I narrowed my choice down to the XLS and the Canondale CAADX 105
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/caadx-disc-5-105-2014-cyclocross-bike-ec053952

I actually much prefer the look of the Tiagra though:
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/caadx-disc-6-tiagra-2014-cyclocross-bike-ec053953

Evans are doing a bike trade in £100 off for any bike, any condition so I was going to pick up a second hand kids bike for £15 to get the deal

rhid

I have a Saracen hack 1 and love it! Its my frst proper cx / do everythign road bike but I think its fantastic and its can be got for cheap. The only thing I changed on it straight away was the cassette for a 11-34 MTB XT one! It certainly looks a lot more interesting than a lot of bikes available at the minute.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nemesis
    Free Member

interesting CX

Planet X XLS

er…

Don’t get me wrong, I looked seriously at the XLS and thought it was good but aren’t On-One/PX bikes the opposite of ‘interesting’ (and that’s speaking as a fan of them). FWIW, I went for a Chinese carbon CX frame which I guess is ‘interesting’ in the sense that there aren’t that many about.

Define ‘interesting’.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for nice carbon CX/flat bar, under £1k? Planet-X XLS or Saracen Hack’ is closed to new replies.