Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Suggestions for FOD (night ride) routes please.
  • deluded
    Free Member

Few of us are thinking of going out on a night ride this Wednesday in the Forest of Dean.

All the previous threads seem to think that a guide is desirable.

The Mallards Pike Loop (1) looks good from the Fountain in and Lodge.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

All the best.

sheldona
    Free Member

I couldn't describe a route for you to do in daylight so there's no chance for a nightride!
    You could do fireroad stuff but unless you know the fod I'd not bother nightriding there you'll only get lost.

flatfish
    Free Member

you should of come out for the hallowe'en night ride in leigh woods saturday gone.

deluded
    Free Member

Hello Taylor,

I had the prospective in-jaws down meeting my mother for the first time on Saturday so that was enough fright for one evening 🙂

Who did you go out with, anyone I know?

Did Leigh Woods Sunday before last and it was a slip/slide fest and prompted me to change my tyres, which I've not really bothered to do before now, even thought about going tubeless but was advised against it.

Last Wednesdays night ride was up the Mendips with a few of the lads and was a really good laugh.

All the best,

Larry.

flatfish
    Free Member

not sure who you'd know but there was around fifty of us playing in the mud.
    mendips sounds good but i play footy on a wednesday evening.

gutted.

mattsccm
    Free Member

There is a regular gang who go out every Weds from the Tufthorn Inn , Milkwall. 7:30 .Tend to warm up on stuff like Dowies, move over to the downhills and finish at the pub about 9:30. Although not me anymore as my lights are buggered. I believe that there may be another group who leave the cycle centre at about 6.30 but can't be sure of this.

deluded
    Free Member

Taylor,

I say last Wednesday night ride but thinking about it on that occasion we went to the Mendips it was shifted to the Thursday, just remembered. If again it falls on another night in the future, I’ll give you a shout.

Mattsccm,

Cheers for that. Heard about this Dowies place – I’ll check it out

Cheers.

CountZero

I've ridden the FoD with a bike shop buddy who's up there every week, and I know I could never find the unmarked trails in broad daylight, let alone pitch dark. You will need damn good lights, 'cos most involves slaloming through the trees with sudden little drops down into gullies. I completely lost sight of him on one occasion while he was just behind a couple of trees thirty feet away, there wasn't even a clear trail on the ground, unless you knew exactly where it was going. 'Course, in the dark, no-one can hear you scream, and the wild boar will scavenge your bloodied body, should you hit the inevitable tree. 😈

Bedds
    Free Member

Alternatively, there are a bunch of us who go from the Pedalabikeaway every wednesday, out for a few hours, do a range of trails.. we meet at 6ish to leave at 6.30

🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for FOD (night ride) routes please.’ is closed to new replies.