Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Suggestions for Edinburgh and Dundee area
  • mattnmtns
    Free Member

Hi all,

I will be visiting for business in a few weeks and thought I might ask for some suggestions on where to ride. My plans are pretty much open as of right now. Basically I have Saturday and Sunday. I will fly into EDI Friday afternoon. Probably just stay at a hotel at the airport, do my thing downtown that night, then back to the hotel and rent a car in the morning. I just need to Ben in Dundee Sunday night so I can be at work on Monday morning.

I have done some riding in Torridon before which I loved but I will be solo and don’t think I will have the time to get here and back.

While I love the wilds, and I won’t rule them out. However I hear great things about your bike centers. Glentress and Laggan Wolftrax are on my radar. One possibility is go to Glentress Saturday, rent a bike at the center. Ride then return the bike and drive to Pitlochry that evening. Get up and rent a bike from a local hire I have used before and ride the wolftrax. Alternately are there any wild areas up that way which would be worth my time?

Cheers
    Matt

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’d do the trail centres.
    Been pretty wet over the last few weeks so a lot of natuiral stuff is a mudfest.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Laggan black route is the best trail centre ride in the country, and the loops are short enough that you’ll be able to have a couple of goes and still have enough energy to ride the other loops. I would recommend doing the old red, then the black, then the new red.

If you’re feeling more adventurous depending on the snow Ben Lomond, the most southerly mountain in Scotland over 3000ft, is within 2 hours drive from Edinburgh. I’d try and find a webcam or some local opinions for conditions first though.

If you’re riding near Edinburgh and set on a trail centre I’d do Innerleithen rather than Glentress. Bike hire is available there too.

mattnmtns
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses. Looking at the weather reports and some webcams it looks like you still have some snow around. I am guess that could all change in the coming weeks.

I think I will rent a bike at Glentress. Drive to Innnerleithen for the red route, and then drive back to Glentress and probably finish off with the black. If not at least I have some options.

Then probably go ahead drive to Pitlochry. Then I can get a good start for the WolfTrax in the morning.

Are there any natural trails near Laggan Wolftrax that would be of interest?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for Edinburgh and Dundee area’ is closed to new replies.