Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Suggestions for downsizing the number of bikes in shed, please
  • Dirtynap
    Free Member

So I have decided to cut down on the number of bikes I have, I want to get down to just two.
    I have just got rid of of three bikes but still have two which I want to replace.
    I suppose I should say what riding I do:
    I race 4x on a hardtial
    I race DH on a DH bike (just got rid of it to be replaced with something else)
    I take trips to the alps etc each summer. I thrash the local woods and hit the trail centres also.

I am sick of having a DH bike, a long travel full sus, a 4x bike, and an XC full sus, and a freeride bike.

So here are my thoughts on what the two bikes will need to do:
    Bike 1: 4x bike, local woods, trial centres
    Bike 2: Big hits, DH racing, alps

Suggestions please for both?
    I have been looking at Nicolai's, yeti's and some others.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Lighter weight DH bike for Alps etc

Long travel hardtail 456, dialled, soul etc

Job done

timbercombe
    Free Member

SXTrail/Intense 951/Sunday with Totems (CRC offer) anything like that for an Alp-like/DH bike.
    Something like a Trailstar, Stiffee, Crush, Soul, Alpine for 4x/trail/dh/everything razzing, with Rev 150mm U-Turn Maxle forks, dual ring etc.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

ooo I had not thought of a long travel frame and talas or u-turn fork for racing and razzing. That sounds like a rather nice idea. Wont the u-turn knacker up the geometry though?

langy
    Free Member

full sus 4X bike – a la the Meta4X etc (there was a group test only few isues back, that could also be used as an XC and muck arund thing

DH bike

I_Ache
    Free Member

How about one of these with 2 shocks 2 forks and 2 sets of wheels. Run it either 2 ring or single ring. rear travel can be changed from 130-180!

http://www.scottusa.com/ca_en/product/8285/44811/voltage_fr_20

judderman
    Free Member

get a smaller shed 😀

rOcKeTdOg

insurance job innit?

Chris-S
    Free Member

Leave it unlocked !

Dirtynap
    Free Member

There will be no insurance claims, but thanks for the advice.

epicyclo

This is just an excuse to justify another bike, isn't it? 🙂

Dirtynap
    Free Member

LOL

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for downsizing the number of bikes in shed, please’ is closed to new replies.