Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Suggestions for a nice watch….
  • Wally

My watch – hard to find on ebay, but they do come up.
    IMO very tough and understated – worn 24/7.Another Hirsch strap.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I have an older Casio Wave Ceptor which I really like: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-WVA-470DE-1AVEF-Controlled-Multifunction-Chronograph/dp/B001CZZDQI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1353838143&sr=8-5

Good really good reliable watch, no need to worry about the the battery going flat and the face is made up of a series of solar panels to keep the battery topped up (Had mine about three years and it’s on 100% still). Also, no need to worry about updating the time for BST/GMT as it automatically updates from the UK Radio network.

They actually have quite a few models in the series with different faces, so it’s worth looking at a few to choose which you prefer (here’s another) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-WVA-430TDE-1A2VER-Ceptor-Radio-Controlled/dp/B0006FL86Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1353838344&sr=8-3

PTR
    Free Member

Birky, another one for Orient, they never seem to get much of a mention, got one of those Makos weighting my left arm down as I type now.

Kuco

I like the look of the Wenger watches.

matthewjb
    Free Member

PTR – Member
    Birky, another one for Orient,

I’ve got a few Orient Stars

Orient Star 300m by Matthewjb, on Flickr

DSCN0867 copy by Matthewjb, on Flickr

Nice watches but a pain to get serviced in the UK as they are not officially imported.

labsey
    Free Member

Nixon do nice watches for the money, So do Animal (and they’re pretty much indestructible).

boxelder

So do Animal (and they’re pretty much indestructible).

Aye, it’s a 15 yr old Animal I’m replacing, after it stopped when I had a wee knock in a car. The car was totalled too mind (not my fault I hasten to add)

CountZero

I like the Citizen, but I just couldn’t find one. I do like that Wenger, though.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for a nice watch….’ is closed to new replies.