Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Suggestions for a nice watch….
  • boxelder

Writing my Santa letter and don’t have a watch.
    Not too big
    Not too bling
    Easy to read
    Date would be good

Suggestions up to £100 please?

cynic-al
    Free Member

davidjones15
    Free Member
    eyerideit
    Free Member

PAH!, just date and time.

You want to multifunction yo ass.

You can get 4 for your budget -keep one give them to 3 mates. Imagine the fun you’d have.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Seiko 5 (SNK809) with brown leather strap to replace the webbing one they come with. Total cost IRO £65

Automatic too, shake to go. Second hand has a nice sweep to it.

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Watchshop.com

make up your own mind.

boxelder

make up your own mind

From a photo. Ta.

killwillforchips
    Free Member

You’re right!

Give me your address I’ll bring some round.

lyrikal
    Free Member

For the money try sekonda titanium chrono, strap and case made from titanium, really light and looks more expensive than it is

Cheapest I could see at £59

http://www.jewelleryjunkies.co.uk/product/gents-titanium-grey-chronograph-watch-3057/

DT78
    Free Member

Seiko Monster….love my orange face / black rubber

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

At that budget, Seiko FTW!

skink2020

Can you tell me where you got the strap? Looks lovely.

andyrm
    Free Member

Breitling by Bentley.

Classy, refined and beautiful pieces.

Hmmmmmm about the price……..

foureyes
    Free Member

coolhandluke, thats my next watch i think been eyeing one for a while. Lots of great 5s dont seem to be around in the UK which is a shame as some are amazing. And yes, whats the strap?

MrSmith
    Free Member

A Yobokies custom seiko 5

foureyes
    Free Member

ive got high hopes for this sort of thing:

e-watch

but the design itself doesn’t do it for me, still, seeing SMS on your watch as you ride instead of stopping to get the phone out and find its just the missus asking you to get milk, would be cool

Drac

foureyes
    Free Member

MrSmith, does Yobokies operate quietly? I havent found much of a site of his to peruse but what ive seen looks ace

mugsys_m8

Mondaine.
    Swiss Railways stylie.

MrSmith
    Free Member

MrSmith, does Yobokies operate quietly?

Look at pics on his photo bucket account choose what you want or an idea of what you want and drop him a mail, he then let’s you know what he has in stock. PayPal the money and a week later the watch turns up. He has a good rep on all the watch forums.

boxelder

Give me your address I’ll bring some round

Great – I’ve not been chatted up for years, you old smoothie……

Thanks for the other pointers.

mikey.b
    Free Member

Skagen 433LSL1 Slimline Stainless Steel Leather Strap Watch – 230530

Best watch I’ve seen lately even comes in on budget but no date.

matthewjb
    Free Member

As others have said, at that budget it has to be Seiko.

Or go for something a little different from Yobokies

CountZero

I have a Yokobies Seiko 5, looks exactly like this one:

I now wear this:

Seiko ‘Spork’, now discontinued, and out of your price bracket, but if you have the money, and can find one, they’re lovely watches. The strap is a custom notched 24mm 5mm thick leather one, Austrian made. Very comfy.

boxelder

A big hand for all your help………

woffle
    Free Member

uniform wares. £120.

MrSmith
    Free Member

If you are getting your own leather strap then spend the money on a Hirsch strap, they are very well made. The seiko leather strap that came with my 5 fell apart after a while so replaced it with a Hirsch.
    What about a seiko diver? The 6009 7005 series are plentiful secondhand and easy to customise to your tastes.

MrSmith
    Free Member

That uniform wares image was taken with my camera, a friend of mine shoots for them.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

@SKIN2020

Can you tell me where you got the strap? Looks lovely.

yes,
    Watch Works web site.

CountZero

MrSmith, the strap on the SPORK in that photo is a Hirsch one, which is what I’ve got on mine now, 24mm on a 22mm fitting, carefully notched to fit. Much more comfortable than the bracelet.

allthepies
    Free Member

Seiko Titanium ?

jimmy

just ordered me one of these

MrSmith
    Free Member

MrSmith, the strap on the SPORK in that photo is a Hirsch one, which is what I’ve got on mine now, 24mm on a 22mm fitting, carefully notched to fit. Much more comfortable than the bracelet.

i also have the curved ended Hirsch ‘mobile’ strap on my late 80’s seiko 4025 which is a midsize diver that is automatic but can be hand wound and although they made lots of them it’s hard to find a mint example and all the ebay ones are usually well beaten, took me ages to find a VGC one and now have a spare crystal (also very hard to get hold of)
    looks a bit like this but the leather fills the gap between the end of the strap, the pic is of the even smaller ladies model

CountZero

MrSmith, that’s a nice looking watch, although I do prefer the style of face and hands on my SPORK. I’d like that movement, though; it would be nice to be able to hand-wind sometimes, and getting an accurate time setting is tricky with the movement in the SPORK, because you can’t ‘lock’ the second hand at 12 o’clock until you get a time signal, which is a bit of a pain when trying to regulate it.
    I do like Seikos… 😀

foureyes
    Free Member

Swoon, spork!!! Why did they stop making this watch? So wish I’d got one when I first wanted one 🙁

paddy0091
    Free Member

only £218,405.

In all seriousness, see Nixon, they do large in-ya-face watches mainly, but do some nice big face watches for circa £120 (model bellow The Sentry:

chewkw
    Free Member

I will be getting a new Seiko monster in a month time.

The new Seiko monster is slightly (very slightly) smaller than the previous monster but the new one come with 4R36 hand wind caliber.

CountZero

Quite like the Monsters, but I really wish I could afford a Tuna Can 🙁
    Not that there’s anything at all wrong with my SPORK, but, well, you know how it is…

CountZero

Just found this beauty, the Seiko 1000m Shrouded Diver – S23619J1

Just a little out of my price bracket, sadly; somewhere around £1450… 🙁
    Maybe when the lottery coughs up. I’d certainly rather have this than a bloody Rolex!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for a nice watch….’ is closed to new replies.