Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Suggest me some trail centres within 2hrs of Oxford
  • bradley
    Free Member

So there is a bunch of us who went to Chicksands yesterday and it seems everyone is up for a bit of travelling (2 hrs maximum probably) and I’m just looking for ideas to put forward to the group. I know of a few places within our range but is there anything else?

Aston hill
    Chicksands
    Woburn sands
    Swinley forest when everythings open again

Any more?

martinhutch

Cwmcarn. You could get to the other S Wales centres if you’re prepared to add on 20 mins or so.

scottfitz
    Free Member

FOD, QECP are both under 2 hours, Edit to slow: Cwncarn is just 2 hours

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Thetford comes in at 2 hours 30

bradley
    Free Member

Probably would be. I’ll make the suggestion.

bradley
    Free Member

If i’m perfectly hones we’re all an absolute bunch of headcases 90% of the time so if it’s anything like 3 hrs away, we’d just start travelling at like 5am to get there for a full day lol. 3 hours is definitely maximum but keep ’em coming.

martinhutch

Llandegla is doable in 3hrs from Oxford. You could get to CYB if you’re prepared to go another 20 mins or so…

By the time we’ve finished with you you’ll be heading for Glentress. Or Whistler.

bradley
    Free Member

Yeah LOL it looks that way.

br
    Free Member

Cannock is fun, and less than 2hrs.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

CYB, Mach, Brechfa – all around the 3 hr mark, if a little over.

Cwm Carn – 2 hrs.

Cannock – less than 2.

Tilgate, Rogate, QECP – all 1.5-2 hrs.

Aston Hill – 45 mins.

Depends what you want to do, to be perfectly honest.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Yorkshire

ormondroyd
    Free Member

The Chilterns. 100-mile-long, 10-mile-wide trail centre.

bradley
    Free Member

Pimpmaster Jazz – there’s 4 of us on full sussers, 2 120mm XC orientated, 1 with 160-180mm w/coil rearshock and another who has 200mm boxxers with coil also and 1 hardtail nutcase who will try anything on his HT. We’re all up for trying anything and everything really…

scottfitz
    Free Member

Edit: too late again!!!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Bradley: For ease and variety you could do a lot worse than Aston Hill.

45 mins from Oxford via Thame and £7 to ride. Something there to suit all (the XC loop is a fun tech-fest and all the downhills are doable on a hardtail / 120mm rig, just not as fast as an 8″ beast) and with an OS map there’s miles of bridleways and – erm – should-really-be-bridleways to play on. Despite the body armour and full face lids, the regulars are a really friendly bunch too – don’t be put off by the larger than life characters.

For a big loop with loads of singletrack, chuck in Ashridge on the other side of Tring too.

I would offer to show you round, but I moved away a year ago…

Edit: go then when it’s dry though – it’s very interesting in the wet!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Thinking about it, if it’s been raining, go to Woburn Sands. The ground drains well and holds up better when damp, there’s loads of fun short downhills and an OS map will show you quite a few trails in the area.

Again, well within an hour of you.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Suggest me some trail centres within 2hrs of Oxford’ is closed to new replies.