Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Suggest me some meals/recipes please – rather difficult dietary requirements!
  • psychle
    Free Member

Wife is currently 4 months pregnant, suffering really badly with her IBS playing up, so to help alleviate the symptoms she has cut her diet back to eliminate all things she knows can make it worse, things like: flour (all kinds, ie. wheat/rice/corn), onions, broccoli, spinach, caffeine, chocolate, beans/legumes and probably a bunch of other things I can’t remember!

In addition, she really really doesn’t like eggs and fishy fish, and also doesn’t eat red meat… does eat chicken (breast only!) and tuna, also non-fishy white fish (cod is OK etc), fussy eh?!

So STW, here’s a challenge for you! Any recipes & meal suggestions you can make would be greatly appreciated; basically need nutritious and reasonably high-calorie meals that exclude all of the above ingrediants… Any ideas?

meehaja
    Free Member

chicken and chips.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

LOLz at “fishy fish” 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DaRC_L

Sausage & Mash (could do Carrot & Swede instead of potato)

psychle
    Free Member

Sorry, doesn’t eat pork… basically a pseudo-vege – no meat except for white chicken breast and non-oily white fish (what I meant by fishy-fish)…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Baked cod/haddock/non fishy fish and a parsnip, celeriac and swede gratin!

clubber
    Free Member

Fish pie – Cod, milk, potato, peas, cream, cheese. none on your list.

And ideally it has egg in it too but you can leave that out.

edit – just remembered that it has flour in it to thicken the white sauce but unpleasant as it sounds you could mix in some mash to the milk/fish/cheese to help with that instead.

freddyg
    Free Member

Grilled / baked trout is nice
    Smoked Haddock risotto – maybe replace the onions with leeks?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was also going to say fish pie too but remembered the flour. I recently made one for a coeliac friend using cornflour…it just wasn’t as nice as a roux based sauce.

brassneck

Dhaal with pitta bread, leave out the onion, throw in diced carrot, spinach (wilt fresh in boiling water first), go easy on the spices?

DaRC_L

Veggie Sausage & Mash 😆

Stir Fry – a basic one of Cauliflower & Broccoli Florets with button Mushrooms with tbls Oyster Sauce a tablespoon of saki / dry sherry and a few tbls of light soy sauce.
    Server with plain rice / egg fried rice.

Find a Dhal recipe via google that you like the look of.

DaRC_L

deadlydarcy I have a coeliac friend too and you can create a creamy sauce using Creme Fraiche and cheese.

Cougar

Veggie Sausage & Mash

I was about to say that.

Quorn curry?

Cougar

Rice? Noodles? You could do a cracking stir-fry, chunks of Quorn or chicken, handfuls of whatever veg she can get on with…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

@DaRC_L

Thanks. I’ll remember that in future. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tofu’s nice in a stir fry…or a Thai curry.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Sesame chicken with avocado on salad leaves.

phil.w
    Free Member

chocolate cake – got a great recipie at home that dosn’t use flour.

email me if you want it and i’ll send it this evening.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

I’ve done some reading lately because of my own sickness with this pregnancy…and ‘they’ say that olive oil drizzled on items can help ease digestion because it coats the insides of the digestive tract. -I know nothing abt IBS really so not sure if this would help with the symptoms. I have found that if I drizzle olive oil on the thin crust pizza I do not seem to suffer the same ill effects as when I don’t…

catfood
    Free Member

You could use arrowroot to thicken any sauces such as white sauce for a fish pie, its usually used to thicken clear sauces but should work ok.

DavidB
    Free Member

Buy a packet of ready made polenta from Tescos (80p) and some chicken breasts and a packet of stuffing.

Cut the polenta into cubes, mix with olive oil, herbs and some parmesan if she can handle that

Make the stuffing mix, stuff chicken breasts with it, lay chicken breasts on top of polenta

Bake in oven until chicken breast is cooked. Serve with tomatoe sauce

RustyMac

This Roasted cod with cherry tomatoes, basil and mozzarella recipy is really tasty with boiled new potatoes.

Cougar

I heard that that Carol Vorderman woman used to suffer from Irritable Vowel Syndrome.

Cougar

Hey, it was a consonant source of irritation! Hah! Oh, I kill me. Please yourselves. Tough crowd.

iDave
    Free Member

if my partner was that much of a food freak I’d leave to work out her own nutritional needs

chickadee
    Free Member

Roasted veggies and quinoa. Or tofu with stir-fried veg?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Suggest me some meals/recipes please – rather difficult dietary requirements!’ is closed to new replies.