Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Suggest me another Berlingo.
  • Ambrose

My 58 plate Berlingo-bongo is getting a bit pricey. At almost 140, 000 miles it is starting to wear a bit and has had a few too many breakdowns of late so will have to go. A couple of sensors have failed and stranded me. Fuel lines have failed. Getting tatty inside. Starter motor too- what next I wonder? I carry a fault reader in the car at all times now!

So anyway, it is time for a replacement. I really like the Berlingo but it would be great if it was a iddy biddy bit longer, maybe only 20cm. And if I could have a more powerful engine to boost the performance, that would make me smile. Can I ‘chip?’ the ECU to boost things here?

I don’t want to go up to VW Transporter/ Ford Transit size. That is a definite No No.

Suggestions please. It MUST have air con- to dry my riding shoes. A decent sound system is a bonus but aftermarket is always available.
    I’m looking at pre-owned/ second hand/ ex-motability/ ex-demo type vehicles. i.e., cared for.

Cheers and beers 🙂

the00
    Free Member

You can get a long berlingo combi van, although they are rare with with windows in the rear.

autotrader

Ford connect or courier?

Ambrose

Cheers for that, interested.

kayak23

I really like the Berlingo but it would be great if it was a iddy biddy bit longer, maybe only 20cm

For realz. I love my 2002 one. Getting on for 147k now.

I’m also starting to think about what will replace it some day. Not sure if the newer Berlingos are any different in terms of interior space.

oldtalent
    Free Member

The Nissan nv200 is just that bit bigger all round. 2/3 of the rear seats removed gives loads of space for dh bikes.
    It’s not fast though.

jonnyboi

Fiat Doblo LWB?

DickBarton

2002 Berlingo was based on the van, the newer version is based on the c4 and is a touch bigger all round.

jonnyboi

I assume Op already drives the newer version. 58 plate is 08/09

DickBarton

Yes, op does, but the dude with the 02 wanting it slightly bigger isn’t…

simon_g

Caddy Maxi Life (with the rear bench removed)?
    Ford Tourneo Connect

The new Citroen/Peugeot/Toyota vans (all with windowvan/MPV equivalents) are available in 3 lengths, the shortest of which is 4.6m.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Suggest me another Berlingo.’ is closed to new replies.