Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Suggest me a reliable mobile phone that can take a battering and still work?
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

I am prone to hurting mobile phones from being careless and i need a new one..

any suggestions?

paul

bassspine
    Free Member

NOKIA 6300. The case is stainless steel. The camera is pretty pants, but the phone is good.

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    bassspine – Member

NOKIA 6300. The case is stainless steel. The camera is pretty pants, but the phone is good.
    Posted 2 minutes ago # Report-Post

+1

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

6310 – Used for hammering tent pegs

Nokia obviously

chvck
    Free Member

Aye I have to say that they're pretty rugged cameras (6300 that is). I usually break my phones through falling off bikes, chewing bits off, throwing them at walls etc… but this one is one of few that have survived me and that includes the phone falling out of my bedroom window (I did lose the back that way though, must have landed in the recycling bin somehow!).

steveh

I just use the really cheap nokias. 2610 I think mine is. not as indestructible as those above but only £30-40 to replace. Mines a year old still works fine and gets dropped, wet etc and still keeps going.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Any Nokia in my experience – The 6300's are fairly good phones for everyday use as an actual phone.

benjag
    Free Member

my n95-8gb has survived 18 months in the camelback dropped from a stationary car window and has a mint camera, music player and GPS…does it all.

5lab

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_reveals_phone_testing_routine-news-686.php

2 of any cheap nokias on ebay, one as a spare.

i prefer flip phones – the keyboard and screen stay protected. currently happy with a £20 6131 – get whatever comes free on your contract, flog it, buy something cheap, go out on the piss. win

nedrapier

http://www.sonimtech.com/features_xp3.php

annoying US video review. worth watching if only to watch the IT geek throw.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh6JMHzQOV8

shreck
    Free Member

What about that new landrover phone looks like its hard to break.think it said in the paper tesco sell them.

cp

another vote for 6300. it's very very well made – stainless case means it survives drops and squashings very well. Being Nokia, the guts seem pretty robust too. not great camera, but does the job. I've got an iphone now but keep the 6300 for biking and hiking duties.

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    cp – Member

another vote for 6300. it's very very well made – stainless case means it survives drops and squashings very well. Being Nokia, the guts seem pretty robust too. not great camera, but does the job. I've got an iphone now but keep the 6300 for biking and hiking duties.
    Posted 9 hours ago # Report-Post

Likewise. I use my 6300 at work, construction, and on the bike and my iPhone for being a ponse 😉

snowpaul
    Free Member

hello all

i had a 6300 – it was ace – then it stopped working after 3mins of power = went back to my old rubber nokia….just got a 6301 so heres hoping!!

paul

Lionheart
    Free Member

we have a few 6300 and 6301 work well and last – still nothing on the old 6310 which we use still when on expeditions, the only phone I know that can get wet- real wet- then be dried out and work again – though Landrover S1 looks interesting.

Northwind

Samsung M110 is water resistant, dustproof and somewhat impact proof, strong rubberised shell etc. Very very tough… On the downside, it's a bloody horrible phone, the menu system was clearly designed by MC Esher, it takes about 3 times as many keypresses to send a text than it does with my nokia frinstance (yet accidentally deleting a text in progress is a single button job). So, you'll have to try very hard to kill it, but on the other hand you might consider it worthwhile to make the effort.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Suggest me a reliable mobile phone that can take a battering and still work?’ is closed to new replies.