• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cp.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Suggest me a Peak District night ride
  • scaled
    Free Member

Travelling from south Manchester we headed out to Castleton last night and had a little blast but with Chapel Gate being the way it is now and Rushup edge, predictably, being a bit of a slog it wasn’t the best.

Despite Hollins cross back down to Castleton being hilarious I need inspiration as Marple has been done to death.

Don’t mind starting at Hayfield or Castleton (or anywhere closer Manc) and <2 hours, what have you got?

dmck16
    Free Member

I’d also be interested in a Peak route along those lines – visiting family in Glossop this weekend for a few days, bringing the Five to do some exploring.

…sorry for piggybacking your thread! 😉

Would there be trails / areas to avoid at this time of year?

cp

How much do you like riding in snow? The dictator at the moment will be asking on here on sat and sun morning and finding out where’s most rideable.

Superficial
    Free Member

I doubt much is going to be rideable this weekend to be honest, and you may not even be able to get to Edale / Castleton / Hope etc unless you have a 4×4. We’ve (In Dore near ish Hathersage) had 11 inches of snow and it’s still coming. I don’t know what the Manchester side is like though.

gamerriley
    Free Member

https://twitter.com/KoftheP?lang=en-gb

See what riders are saying about the conditions 🙂

2twenty0
    Free Member

Was out round Glossop last night, was fun but tough going in the snow as its so soft. I had to walk quite a bit as well.

cp

And today all the compacted snow is sheet ice

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Suggest me a Peak District night ride’ is closed to new replies.