Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Suggest me a bunnet for a cheapskate…
  • matt_outandabout

My second comfy and ace Uvex XP100 has finally needed retiring.

Suggest me a sub £50 lid for a largish head, with good venting, slightly more coverage without being FullEnduro, that fits as well as the Uvex does…

perchypanther
    Free Member

7idp M2.

Just don’t get one with white straps

ads678

bunnet?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

bunnet = helmet.

daern
    Free Member

Absolutely love my Hardnutz MTB helmet:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LBDS4CK
    Great value, really comfy and a secure fit. Available in two sizes and the larger one fits my oversized head.

Bought to replace an ageing Giro and it’s certainly more comfy. Properly fit and forget.

Not quite less than £50, but it’s very close 🙂

tjagain

one that comes in multiple shell sizes and fits well

highlandman
    Free Member

On-one own brand or their Carnac equivalents. These vary from £16-25 and are properly good quality lids; I’ve a white Carnac enduro style one for winter rides (it’s less vented) and recently bought the missus the On-one standard, which looks very much like a Fox Flux. Much cheapness and very well made.

slowoldman

bunnet?

A small barmcake.

northernmatt

Bunnet just makes me think of this
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EOkQP38jDw[/video]

matt_outandabout

😆

ajantom

On-one own brand or their Carnac equivalents. These vary from £16-25 and are properly good quality lids; I’ve a white Carnac enduro style one for winter rides (it’s less vented) and recently bought the missus the On-one standard, which looks very much like a Fox Flux. Much cheapness and very well made.

Whilst these are cheap and fit well, I found them very hot (the Enduro style), and the non-adjustable peak is set really low and interferes with my vision.

However, I recently bought one of these….though they re a bit love or hate on the design front.
    An Urge All-M. Fits like a glove, very light, well vented, and only £35 including postage from Alltricks.
    For some reason it shows as €39 on the site, but comes up as €33 in the shopping basket.
    Orange Urge All-M on Alltricks

matt_outandabout

Ooft, that Urge looks like something this chap would wear. 😉

matt_outandabout

Mavic Crossride ordered from JEJames…

maccruiskeen

Fits like a glove

alltricks
    Free Member

@ajantom, for deliveries to UK addresses, we deduct the VAT on helmets (20% rate) during the checkout. It is the reason why the price has been reduced.
    So basically all the helmets shown on our website will come up cheaper if you have a UK address 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Suggest me a bunnet for a cheapskate…’ is closed to new replies.