Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Suggest alternatives to i phones!
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay so I can put phone numbers in to create a new contact but doesn't give me the optino to put birthdays/e-mail address is, what am I doing wrong? I have the PDF on the computer in front of me but stuff like that it doesn't mention? I think it's great phone but I'm getting a little frustrated not knowing WTF I am doing!

Okay just figured it out I need to save them into the phone and not onto the SIM! Phew off to circuits in a bit head spinning! At least I can read STW whilst I'm on the train going to London tomorrow 😉 hope there's cheeky free wi-fi too!

crikey
    Free Member

Use the 'people' app to add things to phone numbers etc…

Or open up your google mail and add stuff to contacts there then sync via the phone…

Oh, and calibrate the keyboard on the phone; see the little keyboard on the actual keyboard?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay this is sent from the phone not sure what you mean? I only have hotmail can I use this or do I need Google mail?

crikey
    Free Member

Aaah, you really need a google mail account to make the phone work properly, and you might have to start again, setting it up from scratch and putting in your google mail addy and password as you set up the phone.

Get a google mail account by clicking gmail on the google home page.

If you have a gmail account, you can use the market and google maps to see the maps that you will create using Mytracks..

crikey
    Free Member

Once you have the google mail account, you can set hotmail up as another account, or just forward stuff from your hotmail account to your google one.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ok so have created a g mail account but struggling to as phone won't set it up I will keep trying time for bed I thinly thanks for all your help so far!!

marmottefarcie
    Free Member

With respect to the HTC Desire, if I wanted to view my email on the phone, am I obliged to run gmail or can I just adjust the settings to retreive email from my ISP?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Marmot – yep. I get my email from Yahoo and Googlemail. And hotmail.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay I'm getting there but I'm struggling to put music onto the phone! I set up the "disc drive" bit and plug it ino the computer and it says it should be on as a removable F drive, but when I click on that it says "please insert disc into removable F drive" but the computer recognises the phone is plugged is as I can safely remove the "removable F drive" HEY WTF this is annoying me now!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I just open the "F drive" window, then the music file window and drag and drop it all – works fine.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sounds like a lot of struggling for such an überphone.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Useful input Deadlydarcy, new phone and it's the handler not the phone!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Surf_Mat this is where you have to speak simply! are we talking about opening the F drive on my computer? as it's showing there's nothing there? plus can I drag stuff from itunes? Yes I am a techno rita.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Merely observation. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay just came across as slight facetious that was all 😉 I can sort out the internet and logging onto everyone else's wi fi, and various other stuff. I'm just struggling with getting the music onto it. Went to London today but had to take phone and ipod… half the point of getting a Gucci phone like this was to not have to do that!!!
    Internet isn't very helpful either, guessing I'll have to get Mr MC to help me when he eventually gets in from work.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry…didn't mean to be a meany 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Thanks DD the joys of computers 😉 no apology needed now help me and answer my question…….

flippinheckler
    Free Member

A bit of a thread hijack, but what training gps apps do you guys use with your HTC phones, and can you get a heart rate monitor that will work with them?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

For mail, I am using K-9 to pick up mail from multiple accounts, I find it a much better app than standard. Downloads from the marketplace or get regular builds from here:
    http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/

By the way, you can download the builds onto your phone and install directly.

Sport tracker – using Endomondo, like the website upload and community feel so I can see what my mates have been up to, set challenges and view history on-line.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

flippinheckler

I use a program called RunGPS which does all the training malarky. It connects via bluetooth to a Zephyr HXM heartrate band.

Very good bit of kit and software. Very customisable with the ability to chose what you show on the screen etc. Can use various online mapping (all cacheable on the phone) for navigation stuff. They also have a website which keeps track of all your training etc. You can also program in training plans online and send them to the phone.

There are a few other apps though that also allow use with bluetooth bands. I think Polar do bluetooth band too.

Regards

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Suggest alternatives to i phones!’ is closed to new replies.