Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Suggest a trail – Fruita or Grand Canyon
  • peakprowler
    Free Member

Leaving next week for a weeks biking holiday in Moab flying into Denver next week & as we are landing at 7pm we’re going to stay in Fruita or Grand Junction for the first night.

We’re thinking of doing a 3hr ride in this area & welcome any suggestions as to which trail to do

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Get a shuttle in GJ to the top of the Ribbon. Ride the Ribbon, then throw loops on the Lunch Loops trails, Eagles Wing/Tail, Holy Cross etc until knackered.

You will love it.

dragon
    Free Member

Horsethief and Lunch Loops are both decent enough. I did both in a day and got my rear wheel rebuilt between the two at a very helpful local shop.

AlasdairMc

Kokopelli Trailhead, pick some loops from the main car park at the Loma junction of the intersection. Make sure you ride/push Moore Fun as it’s awesome.

I rode there last week, Friday to Monday and then went to Moab. Make sure to plan ahead for the Whole Enchilada as they’re getting snow already so sometimes not going right up. I only got to UPS on the shuttle.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I love zippidy do dah and the like to the North of Fruita. Very different style to Moab, fast and flowy along exposed ridges. Short loops but worth it IMHO. Horsethief also good though but more similar to Moab riding.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Suggest a trail – Fruita or Grand Canyon’ is closed to new replies.