Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Sugar crash/insulin spike – ideas?
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

To be serious for a moment, the crash is due to the fact your insulin response has gone to sh^t. You’re getting older mate, we all are. When you’re 18 you’re indestructible. These days our bodies need signed orders in triplicate sent over before we do something mental.

The only way to be sure though, is to go to you GP.

If it *is* the early stages of diabetes, you need to do something about it now, while you still have half decent beta cell function.

Drac

Try having more meals a proper breakfast and lunch not a combined one.

DrP

You eat a muffin.. Then HAVE to eat some digestives?

You sound like the majority of Brits, TBH!

DrP

scotroutes

Like I said up there – anything you eat with carbs slows down the absorption rate. That includes fats (like in your cake).

Do you eat low carb every day? I just wonder if you should try one carb day per week, or a carb-cycling approach.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Hora, that was about 15 years ago and she calculated from memory I needed something like 13500 calories a day to fuel what I was doing!
    The feelings you are getting closely resemble the highs and lows that I sometimes (thankfully rarely) as my diabetes is pretty stable at the moment.
    When going hypo you get a ‘could kill for sugary food’ before slipping into the confusion/inability to feed yourself. You get the shakes, adrenaline shakes, like a shitting dog, but once you start feeding yourself with sweet stuff to get your blood sugar up fast so you don’t pass out you go into a cant get enough state, well I do so you end up eating way more sugary stuff than you need…..makes you feel a lot better…. For a while u til the next rebound hypo from going hyper!
    Long term running with blood sugars too high (and unaware) results in your adrenaline shakes kicking in at a higher blood sugar level than a healthy person….
    Having a low carb diet may spike your blood sugar levels when you do have the carbs and I really would urge you to go to the docs and get checked out……better safe than have an undiagnosed condition and caught early you can stave off any of the long term diabetic organ and nerve damage.
    I don’t agree with extreme diets of any form, they’re all bad for you IMO, a balanced diet and exercise is all that is required…..and decent genetics in my case 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

If you want my opinion then it’s this..

You are riding your bike more and using more calories and bring up fat, your body is calling out for some sort of calorie intake and you are choosing sugars as thats the first thing that gets used up.

Stop that, stop it right now and get a diet plan together that takes out sugars.

You will get fat and bugger your system up if you start over compensating real food with sugars.

IMO.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Sugar crash/insulin spike – ideas?’ is closed to new replies.