• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ton.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • suffering from the cold.
  • ton

i know the cold weather has not really started yet…..but i am suffering like hell from icy hands and generally being very cold.

can it be something missing from a diet that can cause this, or certain kinds of medication maybe?

or am i just a big soft shyte……. 😀

mattjg
    Free Member

i know the cold weather has not really started yet

Yes it has, its been bloomin’ perishing the last few days.

rocketman
    Free Member

My mate Steve is the same. He has cold feet in Summer and is generally cold all the time. Only comes to life when the temperatures soar to high 20s and into the 30s. Went on holiday to Turkey earlier this year it was 40+ most days he said it was ‘quite’ hot.

In terms of MTBing nothing helps he’s tried all the base layers and insulated gloves and technical socks nothing works.

HTH 🙂

GJP
    Free Member

Beta Blockers? Or are you no longer taking them? They could be the cause for your “sensitivity”

wwaswas

not trying to be funny but how much less do you weigh then last time you were cycling in winter? I suspect that additional fat not only insulates but acts as a fairly good thermal store too?

ton

i am still taking them. why do they make you cold?

pennine
    Free Member

I’ve suffered with cold hands & feet all my life. Hands & feet get so cold cycling in winter I can’t feel them. Which takes away the enjoyment somewhat. Nothing new for me because I’ve suffered for over 40yrs whilst winter walking/climbing.

Whilst envious of the ‘ minus 10! only need two layers otherwise I’m boiling’ types, I’m quite cool during hot summers.

From that you’ll gather I don’t really have an answer to your dilemma 🙁

crikey
    Free Member

They make you cold for 2 reasons; they affect blood flow through arteries and change your ability to up-rate your blood flow to increase perfusion.

Put a vest on lad.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just spoke to my sister (who was a Sister on a coronary care unit) & as Crikey said, It’s the beta blockers Ton.

ton

looks like i am gonna spend the whole winter wrapped up in full merino thermals, even got myself some merino fingerless gloves for work. 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘suffering from the cold.’ is closed to new replies.