• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sufferfest on iPad, dummies guide?
  • franksinatra

Downloaded Sufferfest to my laptop but now want to get it onto my iPad. I do have an iTunes account but never really use it and seem to be hitting a wall. I know it should be simple, can anyone offer an idiots guide?

Ta

monkeychild
    Free Member

Download VLC and transfer the files wirelessly to your iPad 🙂 No need for itunes.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Did you buy it off iTunes? If so you can just download to your iPad directly off iTunes (look for the ‘Purchased’ button at the bottom of the screen). If not then VLC works great unless its already in MP4 format, then it’ll just play. Not sure how you transfer files wirelessly, but if you plug your iPad into your laptop you can just drag and drop the file onto your iPad via iTunes.

meesterbond

If you’re using iTunes then from memory, you may need to convert the video to an iPad friendly version – think it’s under File > Create New Version or something similar. You’ll get an error message when you sync the iPad from the computer.
    I seem to remember that it last did that for me with Local Hero when the file size was particularly large.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I am mac not pc based but as I understand it…

It’s just a case of sync-ing the iPad to iTunes assuming film is in iTunes already. If its in iTunes it will be in correct format. When iPad is connected go to movies tab and make sure film is selected or “all movies” is checked.

If film is outside iTunes it may need converting to mp4 / m4v format – I use handbrake for this but that’s a mac programme. Once converted you drag the file into iTunes or do Import / add to library.

You can do the wifi / dropbox connected to iPad and vlc – I don’t do that as I watch everything in apple compliant formats

jambalaya
    Free Member

Edit/follow up

You should use iTunes software on your computer to backup the iPad and transfer content on like music, movies, documents (singletrack pdf’s !) etc.From sound of your post you don’t seem to be doing this presently. Your iTunes account is then associated with the iTunes programme. Anything you buy can be shared between the computer and iPad and other i-devices you have.if you bought the movie on iTunes it may well download from the iCloud without doing the sync, my Apple TV works like that.

@frank – what is the file extension on the movie ?

MSP

Sufferfest are mp4 so already itunes compatible.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sufferfest on iPad, dummies guide?’ is closed to new replies.