• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sufanic & Trespass – Ski wear to buy or not buy?
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Is the question…

Going to Bulgaria, money is a bit tight and wondered if this stuff is OK or false economy…

wallop

I find the Trespass fleeces really good value mid layers – £10 ish?

wallop

It depends on the time of year you’re going as well. Last year I went in Mountain Warehouse trousers which were £40 in the sale and they were plenty warm enough in mid-Feb.

stumpy01

I bought some cheap Trespass stuff a few yrs ago for my first (and only) snowboard holiday.

All seems to be decent enough stuff although nothing really to compare it against.

peterfile
    Free Member

money is a bit tight

You poor thing 😆 😉

Surfanic/Trespass stuff is OK, it’s budget stuff, but it does the job and you won’t die. I worked for a ski/snowboard company as a student, we used to sell loads of surfanic kids stuff in particular and kids loved it. I don’t remember any trespass stuff ever coming back, so it must have been OK for a week or two on the slopes.

IHN

Trespass stuff is fine. The cut/features/quality might not be as good as ‘premier’ brands, but for keeping you warm and dry on a ski lift it does the job.

Think of it as the ‘ALDI cycling gloves’ of ski-wear 🙂

hammerite
    Free Member

Junior managed fine in his Surfanic kit a couple of weeks ago. It wasn’t very cold, but I think the clothes would’ve stood up fine if it had got colder.

Coleman
    Free Member

No.1 son has had a few Trespass jackets and salopettes in his time – all been good quality, breathable and waterproof. His current jacket, adult size, purchased last year from Costco is excellent quality for the modest £30 cost.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Don`t do it !!!! tons of bargains on ebay !!! Only last week got a set of Burton Idiom pants £25 brand new with tags ,I guess from about 2009 and cost about £150 then. Some people seem to change gear every season so clothes go for the right money if you keep an eye out.
    As for all these dads wrapped up on the slopes in there high end gear while the kids freeze to death in budget wear , shame on you!!!LOL

peterfile
    Free Member

Burton gear isn’t the best quality though, it’s an overpriced brand. Even with 30-50% off, it’s still not brilliant value.

That said, £25 for pants is great 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I had some Trespass salopettes, supposedly breathable but they were nasty, nasty, nasty.

Look for cheap Helly Hansen or Coloumbia, or Rossignol often goes cheap on ebay.

For example HH Trans salopettes can be found for £45ish and are pretty decent – I have used them for several seasons now.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Burton isnt the best , its AK top end gear is good in my opinion, but you can pay 3 times that for other top brands, TK Max well worth a visit, got smithjunior a Spyder mid layer for under £10 on last visit rrp £80.

wallop

Ah yes, forgot about Helly Hansen – their outlet shops are smashing.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

my fave boarding jacket is the first one I bought, a Trespass, in 1997. First 2 years I was ‘boarding more than once a week (lived in US 45mins drive from a resort that did floodlit pistes til 10pm) and its still the one I wear most often on-piste.

Dunno if the newer stuff is as durable (theres a PSA about play.com selling some trespass stuff off cheap) but its outlasted and outperformed more fashionable stuff.

Other half has a Surfanic jacket which she picked up from TK Maxx cheap, the cordura type material has pilled on the side due to the way she carries her board (under arm, with top edge constantly rubbing coat) but I cant see many materials tolerating that sort of abuse, shes had it maybe 5 years and again its her main on-piste jacket.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Cheers @peterfile I was concerened about the death thing
    – I have a Trespass rain jacket that i use for walking* and the comments about the fit etc are correct, performance wise though I have no complaints.

*obviously I own boots too.

DezB
    Free Member

And there’s always Sports Direct

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Sufanic & Trespass – Ski wear to buy or not buy?’ is closed to new replies.