Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Sucky chain
  • ebennett

Fitted a new chain and cassette as the old ones were getting worn (~1%), now getting a small amount of chain suck on the granny ring when heavily loaded. It’s not causing any issues so far apart from noise and the chain ring is only 6 months old – I got about 3-4 chains out of the last one.

Do I just leave it and hope it beds in, or is it more likely to get worse? New chain ring isn’t too expensive, just annoying that I’m getting this issue with XT and I had no problems with my old SRAM chain rings!

Trimix
    Free Member

Don’t waste your time. Granny rings are cheap. Buy a new one.

Look at a worn chain ring and you will see how it causes the chain to suck. Once you have done that you will realise your comment about it “bedding in” is daft.

kilo

Last time I had chain suck on the granny ring I was on holiday with the bike and not able to get a replacement so I turned it over and got the rest on the holiday and another month or so out of it before I could be bothered to change it.

ebennett

Yeah, was wondering if flipping it would work. Will need to take a look and see if it’s possible.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sucky chain’ is closed to new replies.