Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sucking noise on a rear shock! What is it?
  • santacruzyork
    Free Member

Hi guys, once pushed down on the return it makes a sucking noise! The shock is a fox talas, any ideas and is it an easy fix thanks paul

LHS
    Free Member

Do you have a stoat/ferret stuck in the linkage at all?

lipseal
    Free Member

Could it be the price of getting it fixed!

stumpy01

I don’t think you’ve got the name of it right…..not 100% sure, but I think talas refers to adjustable travel forks and nothing to do with the rear shock.

If it’s a squelching noise, it probably indicates the shock needs a service.

lipseal
    Free Member

They did use to make a talas rear shocks just before they invented pneumatic tyres.

Rickos
    Free Member

stumpy – they did a Talas rear shock some years ago for the Trek Liquid.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thread on this recently. I think someone said it made no difference but they either sold it on or got it serviced.

Mine does this too btw, never got round to doing anything about it.

stumpy01

Oh yeah. So they did!!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Its something to do with the damping i think, it can be a sign that it has lost its nitorgen charge.
    A friends does this, even after an air can service, although it seems to work ok.

santacruzyork
    Free Member

Anyone Got a needle and thread so i can sew my sides up thanks lol

clubber
    Free Member

It’s cavitation and can be caused by the nitrogen charge leaking (reducing pressure on the oil and allowing any air in solution to come undissolve when the shock’s moving quickly) but some shocks just seem to always do this. I wouldn’t worry too much about it if it’s working ok otherwise.

santacruzyork
    Free Member

What’s the eye to eye of it ? Anyone know

VanHalen

What’s the eye to eye of it ? Anyone know

are we talking about hte stoat/ferret combo or shock?

cubemeup
    Free Member

u might have air in the oil

martinxyz
    Free Member

:::looks over the top of his spectacles:::

I am afraid the stoat in yer shock has a bad case of emulsification! Take him to the vet. They charge about £90.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sucking noise on a rear shock! What is it?’ is closed to new replies.