Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sub £1500 full sus for MrsLister…
  • lister

After ironman shenanigans my amazing missus has decided she needs a proper bike as well as the skinny tyred thing. It would need to be cycle to work or interest free credit-able.
    It would do South Wales trail centres, lakes and n wales natural stuff and be able to cope with alps stuff (not crazy headbanging stuff though)
    I’m thinking 130-140mm travel with 2×10 or 1×11 if possible. 650b rather than 29er. Giant, spec, cube, trek…all very similar to each other. Any more niche stuff I’ve missed? Budget is max £1500!

Cheers

rene59
    Free Member

This just won MBRs bike of the year.

130mm travel, 2×10 and 650b.

£999.99

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/calibre-bossnut-full-sus-mountain-bike-p347143

Calibre Bossnut (2016) review

EDIT: Only available in three sizes, so maybe not any use.

opusone
    Free Member

If you’re not averse to buying 2nd hand (and it’s her size) I saw (and considered buying) this the other day:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cube-AMS-130-Race-Full-Suspension-Mountain-Bike-2013-with-Shimano-XT-M785-Brakes-/151811495252?hash=item2358ab9554

Even with really good wheels (which are worth getting imo) you’ll still be way under budget.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tpbiker
    Free Member

cannondale trigger from pauls – size small – £999 reduced from £2700!

here

lister

Just spent some time on Pauls! Some bargains to be had with c2w options…

2nd not really an option as she hasn’t got the cash waiting!

northernmatt

Giant Trance X3 or whatever the Liv equivalent is (Intrigue 2 from the looks of it)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Giant Trance X3 or whatever the Liv equivalent is (Intrigue 2 from the looks of it)

Yep. Good call that.

doh
    Free Member

Very impressed with my £1350 vitus escarpe that ticks all your boxes. Not sure bout sizes though.

Tracey

EBC were selling Specialized Camber Evo 29 for £1350 down from £2200 a couple of weeks ago. Picked one up from Sheffield for Abigale to play on.

iainc
    ahwiles
    Free Member

Lister, how tall is your wife?

Mrs ahw has just bought a Liv Lust, it’s ace, but there’s not much point in a female-specific mtb other than the extra-small size option.

(if mrs lister is taller than about 5’3″, there’s no reason why she shouldn’t be just as happy on a ‘man’s’ bike)

Just sayin’ like, if it’s any help…

lister

She’s 5’6″ ish and happy to not have a birds bike. Keep going back to that ‘dale trigger 4 for £999. Why the huge discount I wonder?

chakaping
    Free Member

Amused to see Giant seem to be getting their women’s bike names from Jackie Collins novels… Intrigue and Lust?!

😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sub £1500 full sus for MrsLister…’ is closed to new replies.