Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sub £15 training tyres that aint pants
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Are there any that are pretty good for when the roads are rough this time of year.

simondbarnes

Not really.

theboatman
    Free Member

For road bikes, you can pick up wire conti ultra gator duraskins for 15 quid odd from wiggle. Top tyres for crappy weather and road abuse.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

For road bikes, you can pick up wire conti ultra gator duraskins for 15 quid odd from wiggle. Top tyres for crappy weather and road abuse.

I would 2nd that

mieszko
    Free Member

Well I had the Gatorskins on my bike. Work really well when its wet and have loads of grip but the Gatorskin anti puncture didnt work for me. I might be unlucky to catch all the glass thorns that were going through the tire puncturing the tube but I managed to get 5 punctures in a month all from the same thing – small pieces of broken glass. Apart when I wasnt puncturing they were really good and fast.

I left one Ultra on front and on the back I ve got a Vittoria Radonneur. It should be more puncture proof but is 1/3 heavier than Conti. Plus it has less grip on wet road but did not puncture yet so all good.

Contis are really good but carry a spare tube and some patches with You. Wiggle was doing a deal on them. Pair of Ultra Gatorskin and tubes for £33 I think.

theboatman
    Free Member

Guess there must be some luck involved, I do a 30 mile round trip daily commute, and apart from having a run of 3 punctures in about a week, I don’t think I’ve had another for over a year.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

MAxxis detonators

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sub £15 training tyres that aint pants’ is closed to new replies.