Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • sub £100 wireless home printer
  • karnali
    Free Member

i need a new printer looking for something that is good value under the £100 that won’t cost a fortune when it needs new ink. whats the best ones out there
    ta

thehustler
    Free Member

brother a3 printer

Got this at £80 from partners stationers a couple of weeks ago, you never know the same offer may still be on

jfletch
    Free Member

Do not, under any circumstance, no matter how many people later in this thread say “but mines OK”, get an Epsom.

tthew

I bought a HP Envy 5somenumberinthethouands from PC world last weekend. Does all the iPad/Android and cloud printing, double sided apparently, (though not worked that out yet) and came with TWO set’s of cartidges, full size ones not the 1/2 empty jobs that are sometimes bundled.

80 quid, new pair of genuine cartridges £20 online. Seemed like the best of the options they had.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Look at that baby!

jambalaya
    Free Member

HP – have a couple both work well print/scan/copy – Photosmart B110 and OfficeJet J4680 (probably old models now) – all printer cartridges are “expensive” as that’s the business model, cheap printer make money on cartridges. You can save some money on non OEM cartridges if you want and also by selecting grey scale / draft print quality and not printing unnecessarily !

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I’d avoid inkjets and go straight to laser, possibly this one by HP:

http://www.printerbase.co.uk/products.php?partref=46917&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=HP&utm_term=CF147A&utm_source=Google+PLA&gclid=CPWB5vXG-7wCFUcTwwodPUUAQA#fo_c=259&fo_k=ad33638f38ea06d50cb8ce4969ceb149&fo_s=gplauk

mainly as I’ve been using a cheap HP laser for years, sadly not colour or networked, but it’s never played up once, and has had precisely one new cartridge despite printing literally thousands of pages.

OTOH I’ve owned a Lexmark Inkjet for years, and its been a monumental pain in the arse every time I attempt to use it. The scanner no longer works. Printing happens in a variety of unpredictable sizes, if at all. Photos come out with varying density despite never changing any settings. Cartridges appear to last about 20 photo prints (half of which will be double size printed straight onto the rubber roller).

I could recommend anything but a lexmark, as mine has been utter shite.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Get an Epson.
    Some people don’t like them but mine’s OK 🙂

IanW
    Free Member

Home inkjets are the work of the devil.

z1ppy

Derek, I believe my one of those is in the loft…
    Along with Epson, avoid Kodac IMO, no matter how cheap the ink is.
    HP all the way, why did I sway from the path?

ds3000
    Free Member

I have an Epson and it’s shite.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have an Epson, and it’s alright.

Being able to scan a doc and have it sent to my Dropbox account is surprisingly handy.

This one: Epson Expression Home XP-412

…I should caveat, it was £50 when I got it 2 months ago.

properbikeco
    Free Member

get a laser

RoterStern
    Free Member

I also wouldn’t get an Epsom. I once worked in an Epsom factory when I was at uni during the holidays. Believe me they are built by idiots!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘sub £100 wireless home printer’ is closed to new replies.