Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sub £100 Mtb Shoes?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

my one year old sworks shoes have completely failed on me 🙁 currently waiting a reply from spesh warranrty – but not holding out much hope 🙁

so im after a pair roughly about £100 dont really want to spend any more, and not going down the sworks route now at a staggering £200!

any thoughts?? want them to be quite lightweight and NOT bulky if possible 🙂

thanks folks!

thehustler
    Free Member

Hate to say it, but shimano shoes just work have a set of the winter boots that must be 10 yrs old now and still going strong

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ive got the mw80 shoes for winter – agreed they are truly brilliant 🙂

not much use for the 30degrees heat though – which shimanos are good for under a £100 then?

thehustler
    Free Member

shoes

These are prob neares current model to my summer shoe’s, mine are the older brown style though

pixelmix
    Free Member

No complaints about the Shimano M122 from me. Got one pair which are 2 years old and started falling apart only recently, but are still useable. I now use those for muddy days and have an exact replacement pair for everything else. Won’t keep your feet dry, but fine for the summer etc, and can be had for £60. I use mine on average for about 3 rides a week, so pleased enough with the longevity.

Now replaced by the M123, or if you want a ratchet closing thing, the M161 or M183 are next one up.

BigJohn

I just got some of the Specialized Sport Mountain shoes.

Very pleased with them, £70 a good price, and I specifically chose the composite sole because I’m concerned about my carbon footprint.

sambob
    Free Member

Scott comp are nice, really comfy, fairly light and dry out very quickly.

tang
    Free Member

My Shimano 182 were great after 3 years but the smell was too much in the end. Got some sidi eagle srs in a sale, comphy but seem more fragile, Shimano again next time. Keen springwater for days in the big hills where pushing is involved!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sub £100 Mtb Shoes?’ is closed to new replies.