Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • STWs most hated helmet, is back……..
  • tinybits
    Free Member

why is it hated?

JEngledow
    Free Member

It’s not even in stock!

pedlad

Looks ok bit pricey though !

Is the chin guard quite a bit more substantial than the earlier versions?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Seems like it’s become more of a “proper” full-face than it used to be.

tinybits – what was ever to like about it!? 😉

beagle
    Free Member

Better. 6/10.

Will be more popular given the current enduro hype. Good timing Met.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I used to have a switchblade. This looks like a great alternative. Might be tempted for my next lid.

chiefgrooveguru

…the most symbolic helmet in modern mountain biking.

‘Symbolic’

Would that be a pejorative symbol involving the sort of ‘friendly’ hand signals that drivers like to give?

The new version does at least look like it’ll make its wearer look a lot less ‘symbolic’…

acehtn
    Free Member

£169 🙂

Beefed up the chin guard i see, didn’t some people get secondary injuries from snapping chin guards stabbing them in the face with the old version.

limburger
    Free Member

That looks good to me, despite the cost. The old one served me well (it saved my incisors a few times), and I would definitely get the new one, but I just bought a Casco Viper MX which is even better for regular slow-speed face planters like myself.

nosedive
    Free Member

i love my 2009 version. im always looking for full face helmets that can be worn all day. whats not to like? will get this new version for sure when its a bit cheaper.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

didn’t some people get secondary injuries from snapping chin guards stabbing them in the face with the old version.

much in the same way that mobile phone chargers explode and that bloke from the pub met someone who’s brother etc.

Old ones were great lids

matther01
    Free Member

Looks ideal for a Jimmy hill chin

Northwind

acehtn – Member

Beefed up the chin guard i see, didn’t some people get secondary injuries from snapping chin guards stabbing them in the face with the old version.

At least one dude did, and it became possibly the most posted picture on the internet. But nobody ever seemed to notice his otherwise unmaimed face and ask “I wonder what would have happened if he hadn’t had the parachute on”

legend
    Free Member

Are you not thinking of the guy that snapped the Urge?

fasthaggis

I thought this was going to be a pussy willow thread 😉

Northwind

legend – Member

Are you not thinking of the guy that snapped the Urge?

Nah, though that’s the exact same mania. Parachute boy looked like he’d just had a really bad fright while shaving.

nosedive
    Free Member

same as that hype about the guy who split his lip wearing an urge archi enduro. no one stopped to ask what his face would have looked like with an xc lid on. ive got an archi enduri, i might have held off if i knew the new parachute was coming out

acehtn
    Free Member

Naa, know nothing of Urge.

Only lasting memory of parachute’s was the lack of people i saw wearing them and said stories of injurys or just breaking the chin guard.
    Although Northwind has a valid point, could have been worse…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be a pussy willow thread

Genius

🙂

kimbers

seems like only the germans noticed them at eurobike

nosedive
    Free Member

sold to the man with the old version!

kimbers, i think we met in real life, was it you that i passed at eastridge when you got a puncture?

jambon
    Free Member

Still using my ‘original’ parachute and it’s ace. New one looks a a bit hot for all day riding.

kimbers

yeah that was me nosedive you may have to be more specific several people passed me!!!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Exactly the old one was a trial lid with a “bit” extra never an out and out DH lid but something for a bit of a bad day (and it worked as I tried a few times to break it)

The new one looks more like the old Spec Deviant, less vents more protection but hot and heavy (maybe)

nosedive
    Free Member

red enduro. inappropriate xc shorts. silver full face

brakes
    Free Member

The quintessance of Enduro.

if I ever see Mr Met I’m going to punch him on the nose just for that 😡

bigrich

i saw one of the old ones fall off a car bonnet and snap. dangerous.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

bigrich – Member
    i saw one of the old ones fall off a car bonnet and snap. dangerous.

yep not going to save your car from chin injuries…

Sounds like there was something already broken in that one, i could grab the old one from downstairs and have a go at repeating the test but I reckon I could be there a while

scottfitz
    Free Member

pricy

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Still cheaper than dental work

kimbers

nosedive- is that you martin?

ddmonkey

Is it just me who quite likes that? I prefer to use a full face when riding generally and a cooler helmet with some face protection would be welcome.

Northwind

Yeah, it’s got my interest a bit too. Anyone seen a pic of it with the chinguard off?

allthepies
    Free Member

I like it.

Perfect for the road commute 😉

grum
    Free Member

Looks pretty good – very expensive though.

much in the same way that mobile phone chargers explode

My phone charger did explode. Should have bought an official Apple one eh?

Speeder

It was the helmet that said “I really don’t care – what anyone thinks of me”. The new one not so much.

hora
    Free Member

If this new version works- why not? I heard the first gen could crack/splinter or is that internet rumour?

We say blokes in DH full faces on Winstone Lee Tor on Sunday. We laughed but if their job/mortgage requires mobility etc then who cares?

khani
    Free Member

Having had one of those ‘pleeeeeeasemaaaaaaakeiiiiittttttttsssstopppppppppppp’ moments while sliding down Hobson moor on my face, IMO the old ones worked a treat.
    My modelling career was nearly ruined..

hora
    Free Member

Having had one of those ‘pleeeeeeasemaaaaaaakeiiiiittttttttsssstopppppppppppp’ moments while sliding down Hobson moor on my face, IMO the old ones worked a treat.
    My modelling career was nearly ruined..

This is what stops me from slagging off such riders who wear them. Being blokes though we HAVE to make a comment. Its the law/you understand? 🙂 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘STWs most hated helmet, is back……..’ is closed to new replies.