Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • STW's favourite timbuk2 messenger bag on THAT flash sale website for £48
  • geoffj

Well CFH’s favourite anyway
    Some proper bargains IMHO

igm

Just ordered a Catapult as a riding into town handbag for my wife. Her current handbag slides round and the catapult has a stabiliser strap.

Unusually I’m hoping its small enough (5 litres for the medium). I’ll get “looked at” 🙄 if its too big.

simon_g

Don’t need more Timbuk2.
    Don’t need more Timbuk2.
    Don’t need more Timbuk2.

soma_rich
    Free Member

[idiot]What flash sale website? [/idiot]

lemonysam
    Free Member

[idiot]What flash sale website? [/idiot]

Sport Pursuit

GrahamS
    gobuchul
    Free Member

Just bought a Timbuk2 D-Lux, large.

Looks cracking.

DezB
    Free Member

Hey Rich! YGM! 😀

soma_rich
    Free Member

Soz Dez I had already joined by the time I saw your mail…

DezB
    Free Member

Dammit! I could’ve been a RICH MAN RICH I tell you.. 🙂

Cougar

Is it just me being dim, or can you not even browse That Site without a login?

For that reason, I’m oot.

GrahamS

Yep, you can’t. It’s very cheeky, but the login is free at least.

If it helps here’s a little peak behind the curtain at the Timbuk2 bags:

Prices vary enormously IME, but they do get some good deals on stuff.

djambo
    Free Member

for what it’s worth these are awesome bags. i bought one about 6 years ago. it get used daily for commuting (recently in a car but previously previously on 20 miles cycle and before that on a scooter). also been used on trips away as a camera bag. it’s had all sort of abuse thrown at it over the years.

the thing is literally bomb proof. someone asked me the other day if i had bought a new one as it still looks immaculate. couldn’t recommend them enough.

nickc

Innit, look at our site meanwhile, we’ll spam your inbox for the rest of natural life…

hateful practice that I thought had been consigned to the bin

Cougar

I have a ‘burner’ email address for such things. But I’m inclined not to sign up even with that just out of principle.

AlexSimon

Cougar – Moderator

I have a ‘burner’ email address for such things. But I’m inclined not to sign up even with that just out of principle.
    You’re not missing much imo

DezB
    Free Member

the thing is literally bomb proof.

Now that is a good bag!

DezB
    Free Member

You’re not missing much imo
    You are in mine. I live in SportPursuit bought stuff! Fab bargains to be had.

robdob
    Free Member

I’ve bought stuff off there and I’ve never had any emails from them apart from the purchase/delivery emails.

geoffj

Cougar – Moderator

For that reason, I’m oot.

I used to feel the same, but the reason they do it is to prevent search engines crawling their site and presenting the results in the shopping/good sections of their results.

The logic being that the suppliers don’t want the flash sale inventory skewing the prices for their other retailers. It sort of makes sense, but I’d be surprised if their weren’t more elegant ways of achieving the same thing.

There’s an interesting bottom line on flash sale businesses here – http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04lstkr

Cougar

the reason they do it is to prevent search engines crawling their site and presenting the results in the shopping/good sections of their results.

Piffle, most modern search engines will honour the robots=noindex setting (and anyway, why would you not want free advertising?)

Cougar
    geoffj

I’d be surprised if their weren’t more elegant ways of achieving the same thing.

Piffle, most modern search engines will honour the robots=noindex setting (and anyway, why would you not want free advertising?)

I’m guessing that there are screen scrapers that are perhaps not as sympathetic to requests not to index too.

I think the free advertising would be welcome, its just publicising the heavily discounted inventory outwith the flash sales customers that they don’t want to do. I can sort of see why – and I’m sure that they understand their business better than us.

The lack of browsing without logging in is a pain in the cheeks though.

Cougar

Oh, sure.

Can’t imagine it’d be hard to create a dummy login and then scrape away, though.

GrahamS

Makes sense.

They have agreements/partnerships with several big brands which I imagine are easier to maintain if they avoid cannibalising their sales.

Innit, look at our site meanwhile, we’ll spam your inbox for the rest of natural life…

FWIW I haven’t had a problem with SP on that front. They let you choose email frequency and have respected it.

Cougar

What about their carefully selected partners?

GrahamS

Not noticed any increase in other spam, but then I have my email set to throw away unrecognised mail and ask questions later. 😀

FWIW their Privacy Policy says “6. We will not share your details with any third parties, other than to provide statistical information where appropriate. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.”

BlobOnAStick

Just joined ta Graham.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

My Timbuk2 is now 23 years old and still going strong after lots of use and abuse.
    Recommended!

geoffj

part of MrsJ’s xmas present sorted 🙂

kiwijohn

My 2 year old custom Timbuk2 needs it’s strap sewn back on. 🙁

saxabar
    Free Member

Or buy direct and get your product this year: http://www.timbuk2bags.co.uk/

GrahamS

Or buy direct and get your product this year: http://www.timbuk2bags.co.uk/

Yeah…

Oh.

saxabar
    Free Member

Ah, sorry – bought one on sale a week ago from there and saw sales were still on.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘STW's favourite timbuk2 messenger bag on THAT flash sale website for £48’ is closed to new replies.