Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • STWers who deserve a pat on the back
  • MrSparkle

timbo101 – I bought a chainring he was selling, he realised I mistakenly thought it was NW so he notified me a refunded the PP payment.

monksie – was selling a Genesis Day One. I met him up to have a look at it and he let me take it away to try it out for a fortnight. Didn’t know me from Adam, took no deposit or details. (I did buy it after giving my head a wobble and its now the bike I ride the most)

Thanks chaps. You are good ‘uns.

DezB
    Free Member

The guy who parked his van in a cow field?

monksie
    Free Member

Awww thanks Mr S. My pleasure. I did the same thing with my tandem a few years ago although the guy just wanted to borrow it. He still hasn’t brought it back….never mind.
    Hope your hand is healing.

gonzy
    Free Member

dannybgoode – couple of years ago my dh bike got stolen and the insurance company were being funny about how much they covered it for. i mentioned this on one of the many threads on here and danny spotted it. he gave me some very good advice and then went to the trouble of penning a letter for me to send to the insurance company. sure enough a few weeks after receiving the letter the insurance company backed down and gave me the full payout plus a little extra on top for the hassle. the eventual payout was a full £1600 more than the original offer.
    he’s a top man for helping me out….i owe him a massive drink or two.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

LMAO @ DezB, – very good wit.

I’d nominate Ton for reaching over a ton in miles that has given me the courage to ride further and further and even harder on the ss.

8) top job bud.

cinnamon_girl

binners – he’s bloomin’ brilliant. 😀

IHN

Tang – a few years back there was a STW Cotswolds Massiv ride I’d organised, and he said he’d meet us at halfway round with a brew. I thought he was joking, but there he was, big flask of tea, one of coffee and loads of biscuits :-).

Good job too, cos I was hanging out of my arse…

thenorthwind

tommid – Agreed to send me some cross top levers for free (would only take a donation to charity) so obviously a good egg already. He was then in a car crash so wasn’t able to post them for a couple of weeks, which (despite my reassurance that he he more serious things to deal with) he was massively apologetic about.

matt_outandabout

druidh.

He pitched up and helped me move house once. Having never met me before.

ton

teej, he bought me a bottle of malt for organising a stw weekend.
    a gent who’s name slips me for send me a xt rear mech f.o.c.

and loads more.

binners

Thanks CG. I am, in fact, a complete idiot. But it’s nice to know not everyone’s seen through the facade. 😀

I’m nominating the big fella – Ton – for donating a nice new set of bars to mini-Binners number ones bike

There are loads more though. There’s some fine human beings inhabit this place

tang
    Free Member

Anytime IHN!
    Stoner – for being a generous gent.
    Lookmanohands – for building my wheels and being a mate, and ripping my legs off.
    Querty – again, generous with his time.
    Peteimpreza- for donating a load of good kit to the bike project I worked on.
    Shaggy – again, generous with time and print!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner – for being a generous gent.

Pffft. He still owes me a pint.
    😉

cinnamon_girl

binners – you underestimate the effect that your daily comic posts have on miserable cahs like myself – they brighten my day and cause me to chuckle. 😀 Thank you, you’re very much appreciated. 8)

Speshpaul

Stoner, a true gent.

cjr61

Bubs – gifted me a karma Cannkndale Jekyll frame….top bloke and love the bike!

Clover

Harry The Spider for organising the Monday Night Pub rides. And Hit the North with Terrahawk.

And Binners for all the MNPR posters.

redstripe
    Free Member

WCA for the big bike bash, 7th year this weekend, but it’s raining…

Bunnyhop

Too many to mention.
    Monksie – he helped us move house and spent almost a full day doing it. Thank you.

Harry the spider and terrahawk – a few years ago I was suffering from cfs. They had organised ‘hit the north’,which gave me a goal to aim for. This I’m convinced really helped in my recovery.

Tracey – she posted lots of children’s mtbing stuff for our nephew(when he was younger) without charge.

Ton – for organising one of the best stw rides I ever went on. A 46 person turnout.

Other amazing people who have sent free stuff for my nephew over the years.

Most of all I’d like to thank c_g. She’s been amazing over the years. Listening to all my health problems and giving out sage advice.

Whoops, its sounding like an awards ceremony speech.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Binners – The pie-chart he created for me was awesome 😉

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Njee – for sorting out the shifting on the gears on a busy Saturday morning in the shop when he had just come in only to pick up his new pump. (had never met him before just put two and two together about the thread on the pump/tubless tyres and asked if he was Njee!)

Cougar

Binners – The pie-chart he created for me was awesome

I can’t think of anyone on STW more qualified. (-:

gonzy
    Free Member

Whoops, its sounding like an awards ceremony speech.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Philconsequence … for starting the GIFs you could watch all day thread

Teamhurtmore … for keeping Ernie busy in one place

Pigface
    Free Member

Bullheart x1000000000 he can have hugs as well.

Roper for making me appreciate spiders

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i nominate me, because i’m the best.

RustySpanner

He is as well you know.
    🙂

I’d like to nominate Muddydwarf and Junkyard.
    Both really, really funny, decent, genuine and helpful blokes.

The boy Darcy for all the help and advice
    and Mr Sparkle himself.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

No longer on here, perhaps best not mentioned, thanks for your support on my health issues, for dragging me around HtN, which included introducing me to bunnyhop, for t*nd*m advice, and for being good company with the other one on rides.

racefaceec90

bearnecessities for giving us a ps3 for free. a true gent 😀

teasel
    Free Member

Junkyard… really, really funny, decent, genuine and helpful bloke

Weird how that doesn’t come across on the forum…

gonzy
    Free Member

i’d also like to mention the following:
    Junkyard…for sticking up for me on a thread when i was having a shit time at work
    Junkyard and Ernie Lynch…for doing the same on another thread
    Jivehoneyjive…for his conspiracy theories
    Jamie…for his comic genius…where the hell is he now??
    Binners…for his logic of wanting to nuke the Middle East and his love of all things Greggs!

toppers3933
    Free Member

Bullheart + lots. The man not only need a pat on the back but if someone could give him a break that would be nice.

bigyinn
    Free Member

IA for Giving me his old Trance frame & shock for nothing, nadda, zip, bugger all. Absolutely top man and Im REALLY grateful.

Northwind

MC for making me mech hangers and for all the race and digging stuff that he never really mentions

Hels for being the Mother of British Enduro 😉

Bails, he doesn’t post much but when he does, it’s always good.

SaxonRider

I know, or have at least interacted with, a number of really good folk on here. Indeed, the kindness of some on this forum has been utterly amazing.

That said, I will give special mention to Marin_No_8. He doesn’t seem to post much, but he has been incredibly generous with his time and labour.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

in all seriousness, i’ve met some great people through STW, who have become very good friends and people i know i can always rely on, notably:

NBT and Bunnyhop
    Binners
    Harry the Spider
    Terrahawk
    Mr Sparkle himself!
    Twinklydave
    Bregante
    Lowey
    Junkyard

all the MNPR regulars too, top lads and lasses and all deserving of those pats for putting up with my unfit, underskilled and overbiked whingy self…

oh, and i’ve also met Hora…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Weird how that doesn’t come across on the forum.

Sadly your animosity towards me does come across.

Did I miss your nomination on this thread then 😛 *

Lots of nice folk on here and it always surprises me how nice folk can be , even those who appear to argue dislike each other, when it really matters.

Big pat on the pack to the hive mind from me.

* that is humour/sarcasm, not gloating, so this might be what you misinterpret?

gonzy
    Free Member

oh, and i’ve also met Hora…

i nearly met him once….(shudders) 😛

Scapegoat

theotherjohnv generously sent me a headset the other day in response to my wanted ad… insisted it was done for a charity donation only. Thanks

I’ve met Hora… 😀

hunta

Esme and bearnecessities for offering to go out of their way to help get a set of cots set up at the in-laws at the other end of the country. We found an easier way in the end but their offers were genuine and had my wife in tears.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘STWers who deserve a pat on the back’ is closed to new replies.