Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • STW trust ratings?
  • psychle
    Free Member

On another forum I frequent (hexus.net) they also have a classifieds section. As part of it, they have a ’trust’ rating (bit like the eBay feedback mechanism I guess). Wouldn’t it be good if STW had a similar thing? Or would it degenerate into a bit of a b1tch fight?

psychle
    Free Member

a no go then?

Junkyard
    Free Member

not a bad idea but how would it be managed?

psychle
    Free Member

not sure how it works on Hexus… looking into it a bit, it looks like just about everyone has a rating of 5, so I wonder how useful it’d be (though at least it’d give you confidence that a seller a regular and trustworthy?)

IanMunro
    Free Member

Could we not have a throbbing cock icon next to each name that get’s proportionally larger with negative feedback?

noteeth
    Free Member

What is ‘trust’?

juan
    Free Member
    clubber
    Free Member

This has been discussed several times in the past. IIRC, the STW management’s view was that the classifieds is there as a service for us all to use but it’s not really what they’re about so they weren’t very keen to be putting lots of effort into regulating it with trust ratings, etc since this would then put them in the position of being viewed as responsible if/when things go wrong – just look how much people complain about ebay. I can totally understand why they don’t feel they need that hassle…

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

would it degenerate into a bit of a b1tch fight?

on here – never

andym
    Free Member

On STW it would have to be a witch rating.

nickc

Classifieds trust is easy. Look up the name, if they’ve been on the forum discussions, joined in, had the piss ripped, given some out, then they’re probably straight. Joined the same day of the advert/name you don’t recognize? Don’t buy from them.

Simple

psychle
    Free Member

That’s pretty much what I do Nick… was just wondering if a more ‘formal’ arrangement had ever been considered. Can understand that the STW admin folk wouldn’t want the hassle of regulating it, or the responsibility being lumped on them when something went wrong.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

too much hassle – use intuition (or the force)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘STW trust ratings?’ is closed to new replies.