Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • STW Traders (something that bothers me)
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Well bothers me, might not bother you.

I notice some adds for bikes sort of imply that the bike was the sellers for a bit, you know bought to use. And they now have to go, so the sellers do you a turn by selling on! and the buyer get s good deal.

But I can’t help notice you might get a seller shifting a few bikes, and listing a bit of history about parts, mileage etc. Then you see the bikes are perhaps a small, an XL and a medium.
    I can never get that, looks iffy to me?

galactus
    Free Member

Good observation..that had missed my normally extra devious eyes 🙂
    Two different frame sizes=ok
    Three sizes=fishy
    Will add to my pre buying checks.
    Thanks oldgit
    Well spotted

maccruiskeen

Not that a buy or sell often (actually I think I’ve only ever sold two cycling items in the last 10 years). But I’m a declared, out and proud lanky git. The only thing I’ve ever sold here is a medium frame, because it was too big. But…. I’m not the only cyclist in my household. The frame was one I’d bought and one that I was selling but wasn’t for me to ride.

whattyre
    Free Member

ive sold kit,not bikes for mates too…theyres always a reason,not always dodgy..good communication with the seller usually sorts it out

footflaps

I always try and steal the same sized bikes to sell on, looks more legit 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

jivehoneyjive has more stuff for sale than your average shop – probably has a higher turn over as well.

jota180
    Free Member

The classifieds has been largely abandoned by regular forum users in favour of the ammetuer traders, safe in the knowledge that any one that want to take them to task on anything can’t use the medium of the forum, which seems bizarre on an open forum.

DezB
    Free Member

jivehoneyjive has more stuff for sale than your average shop

Looks like he’s been advertising the same stuff over and over. Not one of the offenders, surely.

DezB
    Free Member

classifieds has been largely abandoned by regular forum users

You sure? Only this week I sold something and bought something…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘STW Traders (something that bothers me)’ is closed to new replies.