Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • STW TMS Mk4
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Anderson set to start 🙂
    1 hour to go, All over in 3 days again?

Junkyard
    Free Member

no weather wil affect this one and India geta draw

Stoner
    Free Member
    yossarian
    Free Member

good morning everyone

Agree with junkyard, weather is going to limit this to around 3 days of play I reckon. If we bat first and get 400+ by lunch tomorrow we’ll have a chance to win it. Otherwise draw.

Stoner
    Free Member

and we’re underway
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/9564530.stm

pity we’re not bowling first IMO. I know he won the toss but:

Of the last 10 Tests here, nine of the teams winning the toss have chosen to bat first, but only three have gone on to win, with three draws and three defeats.

and Id like to see some swing under dark skies.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Morning evereeebodeeee…..

Am just about to head off for a lunch in the Teutonic sunshine, so will miss large parts of today’s play. Surprised to see we’re batting having won the toss, though.

yossarian
    Free Member

Surprised to see we’re batting having won the toss, though.

I think this test is all about today and tomorrow. I’d rather have a total on the board and be bowling between showers than the other way round.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good point. Another point (As made by a twit on the Beeb) was that this gives Anderson a day or two to recover still further! Assuming a decent batting display.

Now, remind me, why didn’t I pack sunglasses?

yossarian
    Free Member

where about are you today then captain?

Stoner
    Free Member

dusseldorf or hamburg?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ich bin in Munchen, Deutschland.

Houns

No Blowers for this test match but at least the Dr is back

*chuckles at “R P Singh” *

yossarian
    Free Member

http://www.munichcricket.net/

Ich weiß nicht wie Cricket
    Ich leibe it

🙂

spacemonkey

2 extras already and we’re only in the 7th over!

jimster
    Free Member

Ich bin in Munchen, Deutschland.

Have one in the Englischer Garten for me.

Surfing later?

Stoner
    Free Member

cutting it fine
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Junkyard
    Free Member

Surprised to see we’re batting having won the toss, though.

[quote]I think the decision to bat first was to eradicate that tricky ”when to declare’ issue, making India follow on keeps Strauss stress to a minimum!”[/quote]

Klunk
    Free Member

tms is the best thing on the radio when it rains.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have one in the Englischer Garten for me.

I did. 🙂

The beer, not the surfing. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, another day, and it’s sunny as you like just across the road from That London’s Famous Oval.
    Looking forward to this….!

yossarian
    Free Member

sooo Cooky out early doors. Sounds odd, but I’m not too disappointed. It will be good for some of the others to step up and upsh the scoring rate on a bit. Bell has started well (fingers crossed) and we’ve got some fast scoring players padded up. 400 on the board by stumps? Bopara to get 10 of them maybe? 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bopara to get 10 of them maybe?

😆

Klunk
    Free Member

strauss is out

Stoner
    Free Member

oops

Stoner
    Free Member

might actually make a match of it this time! 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looks like India had their Weetabix this morning.

Klunk
    Free Member

50 for bell

yossarian
    Free Member

194-2, Bell and Pietersen both well set

The juggernaut is revving its engine!

Klunk
    Free Member

Pietersen is taking all sorts of risks at the moment.

yossarian
    Free Member

Well played Bell

midlifecrashes

And Kevin P!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Applauds*

Stoner
    Free Member

bloody hell. I got out for a pint and look at the score!
    Have India really given up?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes and you missed Dave and his bonhomie

yossarian
    Free Member

Totally anihilation.

portlyone

Both my HTC and IE6 crash when I try and access the TMS on the Beeb. May have to venture over to the Guardian

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So…and please don’t flame me…I don’t really participate in the cricket threads that much as I have only a passing interest in it…but is this really the No. 1 side in the world (well, sorry, that’s England and Wales now isn’t it) that they were playing? I think that in six innings so far, India haven’t reached 300 runs. I mean, come on, that’s shit isn’t it?

I’m hearing that their body language and general composure during the series has been terrible, especially today and yesterday. It’s looking like the best they’ll get is 3 losses and a draw…and that they don’t really seem to care that much.

So what’s going on? Do they not like playing in the temperate conditions we have here? If so, how did they manage to get to No. 1 in the first place?

Or is it that England have improved that much this year, that they’ve just blown India away? I’m not trying to wind up England fans (it’s the team I support unless they’re being beaten in the World Cup by Ireland :mrgreen: ) but someone from amongst you knowledgeable cricket types explain how India have been so shite…please? I is confussed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Darcy, India have been too focussed on the pyjama game (IPL) and earning a few bob. As such, they’re exhausted and seem not to care too much. It’s almost as if they’ve forgotten what proper cricket is all about.

Add in to that the fact that England are indeed very, very good at the moment and you have the current results.

higgo
    Free Member

You’re right Darcy. This isn’t the ‘real’ India and I’m not quite sure why. But we can only beat what’s in front of us and we’ve been beating people consistently for a while now, not just this series.

A better India would, IMHO, have made for a more captivating series but I’m still confident we would have come away with a series win.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘STW TMS Mk4’ is closed to new replies.