Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • STW Surfers: Performance foamies?
  • brassneck

Seen a few of these knocking about like the Softech City Beater, that are sort of like an overgrown body board, but possible to stand on too. Look like they might be fun, and something for the boys to play on too (one has a 5′ 8″ CBC Sushi Fish which seems to be almost the same thing but less volume.. I seriously doubt I could stand on that ) – anybody had go / own one or something similar? Worth the money (I’m not seeing any pop up on EBay)?

cloudnine
    Free Member

I recently bought a tom Carroll softec quad on eBay for £120 brand new.
    Its 5’8″ but they have incredible buoyancy.
    I normally ride a 5’7″ channel Islands KS flyer but am a real light weight at 62kg..

The soft boards never ride as well as proper boards but are great for messing around in the summer when it’s small or for kids..

jam-bo

looks fun, I fancy something like that. a couple of summers ago I bought a magic carpet as a fun small wave board and it was a revelation. my wave count went up about 500% and i really starting to enjoy surfing again.

brassneck

The soft boards never ride as well as proper boards but are great for messing around in the summer when it’s small or for kids..

Exactly, most of my time in the water is summer (visiting in laws) so something that’s fun to get back into the swing or when I can’t make the minimal work would be perfect. I did see those Tom Carroll ones, but I’m <ahem> a little heavier, wasn’t sure if they might not have any more volume than the SushiFish.
    One in 6’6″ might be just the ticket though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘STW Surfers: Performance foamies?’ is closed to new replies.